This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wtf is wrong with windows 8.1

#1thasnipermasterPosted 7/29/2014 8:46:20 PM
Set up my new PC, and I click the bottom left corner of the screen and it starts downloading some crap, and I try to open it up and I can not so it wont let me see what it is downloading and then, the whole screen goes blank.

Now my whole screen is blank and all I can see is my mouse moving around, I powered off the PC by holding the power button and I turn it back on and I still have this f***ing blank screen. Windows 8 is s***.
---
Im opposite of a care bear
KILLING FLOOR 2 !!! Hurry up and take my f***ing dosh!
#2thasnipermaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 9:06:25 PM
Looking all over the internet, no solutions work. I never thought owning a gaming PC would be so frustrating.
---
#3WyzeGyePosted 7/29/2014 9:08:55 PM
Don't restart when updating. Bad things happen.

Lesson learned
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#4ClouddxPosted 7/29/2014 9:09:29 PM(edited)
Pictures always help, is it a legit copy of windows? Did you install all the drivers correctly?

Oh, You restarted in the middle of an update? bad bad bad
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#5SinisterSlayPosted 7/29/2014 9:09:19 PM
I got that blank screen issue after installing sql connectivity.
But it was on a VM so I didn't care.
Basically installing .net 2 and 3.5, then immediately installing sql connectivity and mdac without rebooting in-between completely killed it.

But I somehow doubt that is your issue.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6thasnipermaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 9:17:19 PM
No I did not restart in the middle of the update. Lmfao I would never do that.

Apparently this problem is massively common and not many people can get it fixed, I am reading comments on youtube and microsoft answers and a whole bunch of other websites.
---
#7ClouddxPosted 7/29/2014 9:32:37 PM
thasnipermaster posted...

Apparently this problem is massively common and not many people can get it fixed, I am reading comments on youtube and microsoft answers and a whole bunch of other websites.

Is it a legit copy of windows? Try starting it in safe mode and uninstalling the video drivers, then reinstalling them.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#8Lucavi000Posted 7/29/2014 9:33:09 PM
This happened on a laptop i was working on at work one day. I narrowed it down to the video drivers in that particular case. Reverting to windows 7 did the trick
#9thasnipermaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 9:49:17 PM
Clouddx posted...
thasnipermaster posted...

Is it a legit copy of windows? Try starting it in safe mode and uninstalling the video drivers, then reinstalling them.

Yes it is legit, and I am in safe mode now and I am following what they do in the videos (youtube) and nothing works.
---
#10thasnipermaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 11:10:32 PM
3 hours 20 minutes later, problem not solved. F*** windows 8.

They call it the black screen of death.. like how xbox had red ring of death, well this is windows 8 version apparently.
---