This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a keyboard?

#1AkaneSoirPosted 7/30/2014 8:30:33 AM
See post for details - Results (58 votes)
Deck Hassium Pro (Cherry MX blue with white LED)
12.07% (7 votes)
Ducky Zero DK2108 (Cherry MX blue)
18.97% (11 votes)
IBM Model F Terminal 122
1.72% (1 votes)
IBM Model M Terminal 122
8.62% (5 votes)
Keycool 104ii (Kaihua blue)
0% (0 votes)
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (Razer switch)
18.97% (11 votes)
Realforce 104U
1.72% (1 votes)
Rosewill RK-9000 (Cherry MX blue)
6.9% (4 votes)
Unicomp Terminal Emulator 122-5250
0% (0 votes)
Other (please specify)
31.03% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I have narrowed my choices down to the above, though if you have better choices, I am open to suggestions. This will be an office keyboard that I may or may not bring home to game with from time to time.
#2MaxCHEATER64Posted 7/30/2014 8:31:50 AM
Casio PX150
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#3ClouddxPosted 7/30/2014 8:35:32 AM
Deck, their build quality is absolutely amazing.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#4fallenswordsPosted 7/30/2014 8:37:16 AM
i have the rosewill. its a nice board for the price.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/
#5Darth CenaPosted 7/30/2014 9:44:41 AM
Get the Corsair K70 or up.

I have the 70, great keyboard. Cheaper than the black widow
---
Steam ID: Jobbertrev
#6DoramiPosted 7/30/2014 3:04:54 PM
Clouddx posted...

I do not see anything in their build quality that justifies the enormous price premium.
---
C2D L7500 | GMA X3100 | 4 GB DDR2 | 250 GB Evo
FC: 3840-7579-4179 | Pokemon X IGN: Jing | Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Piloswine
#7Shinigami2784Posted 7/30/2014 3:25:59 PM
I have that Ducky Zero board myself and I love it. I'm even going to type out an extra sentence just so I have an excuse to do more typing on it.
---
It's a trick, get an axe.
#8PraetorXynPosted 7/30/2014 3:46:33 PM(edited)
Dorami posted...
Clouddx posted...

I do not see anything in their build quality that justifies the enormous price premium.

The way they print keycaps. The use a custom sublimination process in which they have a white keytop that inserts into a black skirt. The white top is heated so hot that the plastic is melted, and they set black dye on it so that it will cover everything except the letter in black. The dye subliminates into the melted plastic and becomes part of it, so no matter what happens, the lettering will never rub off or fade in the slightest. It's an expensive process, and they're the only company that does it.

Deck also uses Costar stabilizers under the long keys, which feel like actual mechanical keys. Pretty much every other backlit keyboard besides CM Quickfire boards uses Cherry stabilizers, which feel mushy like membrane keyboards.

There is an individual LED under every single key on Deck boards, as opposed to most boards which will have some number of LED's and use light diffusers to spread the light around under all the keys.

EDIT: I should also mention it isn't an enormous premium. Filco Majestouch V2 is close in price. It's only excessive compared to the <$100 Cooler Master Quickfire boards that uses Costar stabilizers like Deck does.

Most people on these boards however recommend Corsair, which are around $130 and don't have the build quality to justify it, and Ducky, which cost about $150+ because you have to import them. The reason I recommend Deck is because if you're going to buy a Ducky, you may as well spend a little more and get something far better.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#9Fade2black001Posted 7/30/2014 4:52:31 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
Dorami posted...
Clouddx posted...

The way they print keycaps. The use a custom sublimination process in which they have a white keytop that inserts into a black skirt. The white top is heated so hot that the plastic is melted, and they set black dye on it so that it will cover everything except the letter in black. The dye subliminates into the melted plastic and becomes part of it, so no matter what happens, the lettering will never rub off or fade in the slightest. It's an expensive process, and they're the only company that does it.

Deck also uses Costar stabilizers under the long keys, which feel like actual mechanical keys. Pretty much every other backlit keyboard besides CM Quickfire boards uses Cherry stabilizers, which feel mushy like membrane keyboards.

There is an individual LED under every single key on Deck boards, as opposed to most boards which will have some number of LED's and use light diffusers to spread the light around under all the keys.

EDIT: I should also mention it isn't an enormous premium. Filco Majestouch V2 is close in price. It's only excessive compared to the <$100 Cooler Master Quickfire boards that uses Costar stabilizers like Deck does.

Most people on these boards however recommend Corsair, which are around $130 and don't have the build quality to justify it, and Ducky, which cost about $150+ because you have to import them. The reason I recommend Deck is because if you're going to buy a Ducky, you may as well spend a little more and get something far better.

Like the guy said its not worth it. Its not hard or expensive to replace a key...
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#10HaMMeRHeaD25Posted 7/30/2014 4:57:14 PM
the font on the deck keycaps looks terribly childish and they span the entire cap, meaning the backlighting doesn't even light them well so they look even worse in the dark.
---
Ya ave a license fa dem dubs?