This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Price of PC games

#1singhtruerPosted 7/30/2014 7:04:43 PM
So it seems that both Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity are $59.99 on Steam.

My question is, if you plan on buying a game at launch and the PC price is the same as the console one, which would you opt for?

I personally cannot justify buying a PC game marked at the same price of the console equivalent and would rather get the console version instead, especially since it holds some resale value.
#2SinisterSlayPosted 7/30/2014 7:08:54 PM(edited)
I'd never pay full price... or any money at all for a Ubisoft game.
If Ubisoft wants to pay me to play their games, I might consider it.

If we pretend you chose examples from a reputable company that doesn't call PC gamers pirates and purposely cripple their PC ports so gamers buy the console versions, then I would buy the PC version because it will be faster, smoother, better graphics, more portable and last longer.

Seriously, Ubisofts reputation in the PC world is less than mud at this point.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3TimePharaohPosted 7/30/2014 7:07:33 PM(edited)
Yea I'd rather pay the same price for the worse version

lol at paying retail price in the first place though
lol at buying Ubisoft games
#4Lemur_HPosted 7/30/2014 7:08:11 PM
PC. Then I own it and can play it until the heat-death of the universe or the great alien invasion of 20XX.
#5Logical_OnePosted 7/30/2014 7:08:59 PM
singhtruer posted...

My question is, if you plan on buying a game at launch and the PC price is the same as the console one, which would you opt for?

I personally cannot justify buying a PC game marked at the same price of the console equivalent and would rather get the console version instead, especially since it holds some resale value.

...and both games cost between $30-45 on various other sites.
---
---
Meh...
#6SinisterSlayPosted 7/30/2014 7:09:20 PM
Lemur_H posted...
PC. Then I own it and can play it until the heat-death of the universe or the great alien invasion of 20XX.

And it still won't get 60fps
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7Dark_SpiretPosted 7/30/2014 7:20:50 PM
dont buy ubisoft on pc. theres 90% of the price problem solved right there.
---
Currently playing: Divinity Original Sin - Divine Divinity - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
#8Orestes417Posted 7/30/2014 7:23:49 PM
MSRP is for suckers. There's always at least one sale during the preorder period and no shortage of them after launch.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#9Brutal_FelixPosted 7/30/2014 7:44:39 PM
singhtruer posted...

This topic is dumb and you should feel bad
---
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz // ASRock Z77 Extreme4 // Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB // Ripjaws X Series 8 GB
#10VIP86Posted 7/31/2014 5:50:54 AM
60 bucks for an ubisoft game? Lol.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H100i| CORSAIR AX750