This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which of these RPGs would you recommend?

#21thedeadman568Posted 7/31/2014 4:07:49 AM
Did I miss something?
When did KoTor 2 become better than the first?
I always thought the second one was considered kinda disappointing.
#22jessica73Posted 7/31/2014 6:55:20 AM
The day it released, but especially so once the restoration mod happened
---
http://i.imgur.com/uAzPe.jpg http://steamsigmaker.de/bg/thebotqueen.png
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png
#23Spidey555Posted 7/31/2014 7:31:08 AM
Get Dragonage, having a blast with it on PC. I beat the whole game 2 times on console and man is it much better on the PC
---
PS4: Spidey555
Steam: Spidey555
#24DaedalusEx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 8:15:52 AM
Cool, thanks for the suggestions. I decided to start with KOTOR.
#25acangialPosted 7/31/2014 8:29:16 AM
ChromaticAngel posted...
The PC version of Jade Empire is a really bad port of an already mediocre game.

Never played the PC version, but did play Xbox version. I have to agree that it was not that great, especially when comparing it to the KOTORs.
---
i5-3570K, GTX660 2GB, ASRock Z77 EXTRM4, CV 8GB DDR, Samsung 840 120GB, WD Caviar Blk 1T, XFX PRO750W, CM HAF 922, CM Hyp 212 EVO, Logitech G13 & G700
#26GynthaeresPosted 7/31/2014 8:43:23 AM
Of that list...

KotOR2 > KotOR1 > NWN2 > Jade Empire > NWN1

NWN1, IMO, is one of the worst things Bioware has done, even including DA2. Maybe it was disappointment because it wasn't Baldur's Gate 3, but I just couldn't get into it. Too much combat, too little conversation (the entire reason I play an RPG), no party. The expansions were better, but not by much. The biggest selling point of the game was the modding tools, but I never got into player-created modules.

Jade Empire is... okay. Good setting. Fairly forgettable party. Pretty bad combat (though partially my fault for choosing Thousand Cuts to start with). Annoying leveling system that made me want to horde XP lest I spend it on something that'd be obsolete soon. Dialogue was pretty simplistic; we see a clear departure here from Old School Bioware to the New Bioware, where writing is short and to the point, rather than complex and expansive.
The story was pretty good, but the twist at the 75% point was worthy of an eyeroll and a "Come on!".

NWN2 was a game that took me a dozen tries to get into, but once I did, I was hooked. Loved the game. Way better than NWN1.

KotOR 1 & 2 are classics. KotOR2 adds some cool new features and twists to the original game, which sets it above, but the original is pretty good too. Controls are a bit clunky, especially on PC, but both are solid overall.

thedeadman568 posted...
Did I miss something?
When did KoTor 2 become better than the first?
I always thought the second one was considered kinda disappointing.

It's always been better.

The issue it had was that it had to be rushed to release, and so was partially unfinished. I think LucasArts gave Obsidian like, 9 months to complete the game? And despite that, save the ending, it was amazing.
The Restoration Mod? Kinda fixes up that major complaint.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#27Bossdog421Posted 7/31/2014 8:43:52 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
NWN 2(expansions) > Kotor 2(with restoration) > Kotor 1 > Kotor 2 > NWN 1 > NWN 2 > JE

This is the correct answer.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll