This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC Gamer's best RPGs of all time

#81mogexpress1Posted 7/31/2014 8:31:24 PM
Read the disclaimer on the front...Fun, nowadays. Even then there are a bunch of classics on the list.
---
Daddy's home
Shut up gabe and take my money
#82MasterTurtlePosted 7/31/2014 9:57:38 PM
Pretty good list, the top 3 being all 10+ years old smacks a little of nostalgia influence but it seems like it managed to get that crowd mad in spite of it.
---
Can I interest you in a...side mission?
#83LoshadtPosted 7/31/2014 11:07:55 PM
MasterTurtle posted...
Pretty good list, the top 3 being all 10+ years old smacks a little of nostalgia influence but it seems like it managed to get that crowd mad in spite of it.

Because newer RPGs are becoming less and less like RPGs and more just action games with some RPG elements.
---
A moment of silence for the dead panda.
#84TimePharaohPosted 7/31/2014 11:09:31 PM
MasterTurtle posted...

Top three should have been Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, and Dark Souls 2.

It's newer obviously it's better. Garbage list.
#85myztikricePosted 7/31/2014 11:56:19 PM
or you can try the Extended Edition that also includes new content.

didn't even get the name right

TimePharaoh posted...
Garbage list.

---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.
#86AskeladdPosted 8/1/2014 12:03:48 AM
Loshadt posted...
Skyrim forces you to utilize skills largely irrelevant to your goal build so you can gain more levels to invest perk points into the skills you actually intended to use. This means that no matter which character you intended to play as, you eventually you HAVE to play as every character if you want to continue advancing.

I take issue with your definition of "have to" and "forces." My main character is in Skyrim in only level 58. He started out as a pure thief. Never got into any fights. He then moved on to become a magical thief that used illusion, then a necromancer and finally a thief-illusionist-necromancer-assassin-vampire (though I eventually decided to drop being a vampire lord). At level 58, he is powerful enough that he doesn't need to level up any more, doesn't need any new perks, and his play style is extremely fun an unique (he still avoids combat, though he has a variety of different way of doing so).

If you can't help but min/max that is your own fault. it isn't the only way to play the game, however.
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#87yarsPosted 8/1/2014 5:08:56 AM
Loshadt posted...
MasterTurtle posted...

Because newer RPGs are becoming less and less like RPGs and more just action games with some RPG elements.

baldur's gate hopped on that wagon a long time ago.
---
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.
#88MarceloSampaioPosted 8/1/2014 5:23:21 AM(edited)
No Albion, Arcanum and a Might and Magic on that list?!?

Skyrim on the top 10?!??!?

Diablo 3?!?

ANACHRONOX?!?!?

This is one of the worst lists I've ever seen!!! At least they put Torment at first place, but overall the list sucks!!
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#89Epicness2012Posted 8/1/2014 5:40:35 AM
Gotta love the butthurt Skyrim haters on GFAQs
---
http://i.imgur.com/bYgoJ.jpg
Remember, citizens, bullets cost money and resources. Do your part by dying quickly
#90TimePharaohPosted 8/1/2014 6:33:34 AM
Epicness2012 posted...
Gotta love the butthurt Skyrim haters on GFAQs

Yea people who know what they're talking about upset me too.