This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do console gamers think PC gamers are serious with the master race thing?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do console gamers think PC gamers are serious with the master race thing?
1 year ago#11
Sadly there is a group out there that has never seen the Zero Punctuation video and takes.it seriously.
1 year ago#12
If I put my hand on a stove...it's gonna burn.
---
A true cinematic 24 fps experience
1 year ago#13
It's because they're young and immature (not all console gamers, but the ones that make a stink about it). They haven't learned sarcasm yet. Everything gets their tighty whiteys in a bunch.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
1 year ago#14
If some console mouth breather starts screaming at me that consoles are truly a better gaming platform than a PC then yes, I'm serious about the "master race" stuff.

If a rational, logical console gamer talks to me about it and acknowledges the strengths of a PC but just says that he personally prefers to play games on a console, I have no problem with that.
1 year ago#15
pwnater777 posted...

consoles have advantages.

No advantages, only some exclusives. Its harder nowadays to give consoles the advantage in ease of operation. Its not like NES through PS2 era where it really was plug in the cart or disc and play.
1 year ago#16
SonyHoundDawg posted...
pwnater777 posted...

consoles have advantages.

No advantages, only some exclusives. Its harder nowadays to give consoles the advantage in ease of operation. Its not like NES through PS2 era where it really was plug in the cart or disc and play.

The exclusives, I count as an advantage. Also, the fact that many people just prefer to buy a console that is pre-built and ready to go rather than building a PC (which actually pays off more in the end) can be an advantage for more casual gamers.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
1 year ago#17
DmanTee posted...
Who says we are joking?

Giving it is a fact that gaming on a PC provides a superior performance there is merit to the whole master race thing. As well using a PC requires knowledge of the systems workings vs the plug and play "set it and forget it" system that consoles employ allows for the superior mindset that "master race" members possess.

Frankly as a dedicated console player for 20 years gone rogue, i appreciate the moniker now and wholeheartedly agree with it. Both methods have merits, but PC really is superior. Just not as accessible.
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
1 year ago#18
Well.

Think of it like a huge, ripped guy calling you a small fry and bragging about how he could bench press 3 of you.*

Even if he's just joking or teasing you it doesn't change the fact that he is still a burly man God who could toss you like a sack of potatoes.

In short, they take the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race jokes seriously because in their heart they know it's true.

*The above example assumes you are weak and flabby, like a console playing peasant. The ripped guy obviously plays PC games so he doesn't have to waste time arguing about 30fps vs. 60fps and has plenty of time to hit the gym.

And your mom.

With his genitals.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
1 year ago#19
Shadow_Aurelia posted...
Didn't you hear about that PC gamer that worked at Burger King that beat up his co-worker for buying a Xbox One claiming that if he didn't support the master race he deserved to get beat up.

After I heard about this I realized the true nature of the PC gamer master race cult.

Sadly, this, or something very similar has very likely occurred in this country.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
1 year ago#20
GoIrish80 posted...
If some console mouth breather starts screaming at me that consoles are truly a better gaming platform than a PC then yes, I'm serious about the "master race" stuff.

If a rational, logical console gamer talks to me about it and acknowledges the strengths of a PC but just says that he personally prefers to play games on a console, I have no problem with that.

Kinda contradicting yourself there. You can't be unreasonable/stereotype yourself and expect others to be reasonable with you.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do console gamers think PC gamers are serious with the master race thing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived