This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do console gamers think PC gamers are serious with the master race thing?

#31TimePharaohPosted 7/31/2014 6:05:03 PM
Why do peasants think anything? Because they're stupid hence why they're peasants.
#32GoIrish80Posted 7/31/2014 6:05:51 PM
JKatarn posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
If some console mouth breather starts screaming at me that consoles are truly a better gaming platform than a PC then yes, I'm serious about the "master race" stuff.

If a rational, logical console gamer talks to me about it and acknowledges the strengths of a PC but just says that he personally prefers to play games on a console, I have no problem with that.

Kinda contradicting yourself there. You can't be unreasonable/stereotype yourself and expect others to be reasonable with you.

No I'm not, if you lack reading comprehension don't waste my time by responding to my posts. Put me on your ignore list, tag me, or whatever the hell else.
#33Edavy89Posted 7/31/2014 6:29:53 PM
OreoBoy206 posted...
Shadow_Aurelia posted...
Didn't you hear about that PC gamer that worked at Burger King that beat up his co-worker for buying a Xbox One claiming that if he didn't support the master race he deserved to get beat up.

After I heard about this I realized the true nature of the PC gamer master race cult.

That's nothing compared to these..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-511346/Xbox-fan-pummelled-toddler-daughter-death-knocked-console.html

http://nypost.com/2014/04/18/dad-smothers-crying-toddler-son-to-death-so-he-could-play-xbox/

Using your logic, these would be examples of the true nature of console peasants...

Yeah, because there haven't been *tons* of situations where things like that have been done by PC gamer's. Hell, World of warcraft alone has probably caused more Fan-rage induced killing than all the consoles combined, and that's just one game for PC.

Crazy ass people are crazy ass people regardless of the recreational medium they choose.
#34ghstbstrPosted 7/31/2014 6:38:35 PM
It's geek thing obviously.
---
---
Xbox360/One + PS3/4 + Wii U + PC = Awesomeness!!!
#35ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/31/2014 6:47:05 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
JKatarn posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
If some console mouth breather starts screaming at me that consoles are truly a better gaming platform than a PC then yes, I'm serious about the "master race" stuff.

If a rational, logical console gamer talks to me about it and acknowledges the strengths of a PC but just says that he personally prefers to play games on a console, I have no problem with that.

Kinda contradicting yourself there. You can't be unreasonable/stereotype yourself and expect others to be reasonable with you.

No I'm not, if you lack reading comprehension don't waste my time by responding to my posts. Put me on your ignore list, tag me, or whatever the hell else.

Overreacting just a bit there dude.
---
Valar morghulis
#36Arcadia__personPosted 7/31/2014 7:11:35 PM
Which part of it is a joke, exactly?
---
3DS F.C = 0387 - 9320 - 6533. Eric from Hawkeye
#37OreoBoy206Posted 7/31/2014 7:22:44 PM(edited)
Edavy89 posted...
OreoBoy206 posted...
Shadow_Aurelia posted...
Didn't you hear about that PC gamer that worked at Burger King that beat up his co-worker for buying a Xbox One claiming that if he didn't support the master race he deserved to get beat up.

After I heard about this I realized the true nature of the PC gamer master race cult.

That's nothing compared to these..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-511346/Xbox-fan-pummelled-toddler-daughter-death-knocked-console.html

http://nypost.com/2014/04/18/dad-smothers-crying-toddler-son-to-death-so-he-could-play-xbox/

Using your logic, these would be examples of the true nature of console peasants...

Yeah, because there haven't been *tons* of situations where things like that have been done by PC gamer's. Hell, World of warcraft alone has probably caused more Fan-rage induced killing than all the consoles combined, and that's just one game for PC.

Crazy ass people are crazy ass people regardless of the recreational medium they choose.

JKatarn posted...
There have also been stories of neglect/parental abuse etc. related to PC Games/MMOs, so irrational, screwed up behavior is certainly not limited to one gaming platform.

Never said there wasn't, I was just using his logic.. Obviously the PC user that he talked about was unstable in some way, whether it be anger problem or other emotional reasons that cause him to be a bully. Maybe he isn't as unstable/crazy as the people I used in my examples but he obviously has issues if he beats up someone over a gaming hardware choice..
#38rainedownPosted 7/31/2014 7:17:59 PM
I think it's a little stupid, we're all gamers. ...but I've also argued with someone who thought Christopher Eccleston was the best Doctor for three hours, so, ya know...geeks do weird things.
#39Garage_ManPosted 7/31/2014 7:18:16 PM
SonyHoundDawg posted...
pwnater777 posted...

consoles have advantages.

No advantages, only some exclusives. Its harder nowadays to give consoles the advantage in ease of operation. Its not like NES through PS2 era where it really was plug in the cart or disc and play.

I seem to be able to download a game on my PS3/4/Vita and just play...I also conveniently am able to access all my multimedia right there easily.

Couple that with the PS Vita sleep mode and it is a winner. Consoles are amazing at what they do, computers are just the jack of all trades master of none. It has TO many options making it a problem. For example I hate DRM but I will deal with steam because I am not going to buy from GOG and deal with the nonsense that comes with it.

I like both, when I want a art show I play my PC. When I just want to play a game I get a console.
#40Lemur_HPosted 7/31/2014 7:20:53 PM
Garage_Man posted...
I like both, when I want a art show I play my PC. When I just want to play a game I get a console.

Smells like bait.