This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do console gamers think PC gamers are serious with the master race thing?

#41RadarPosted 7/31/2014 7:36:00 PM
I like how PCs are a full bore computer.

If I don't want to upgrade my hardware for a couple of years, I just scale back the settings. I don't worry about backwards compatibility, or running through my backlog before The New Game/System comes out, since "it's on the HD somewhere". I have a full computer, that isn't behind subscription services. MP usually how/if I want it. M + KB or controller. I can also do everything a computer needs to do.

I hate how everything has to be better or worse than something else.

I like what is console-y about consoles; I insert a game, grab my controller, and game plays, no questions.

I'm not a huge fan of cars, so I will never get a CRX and tune the heck out of it.
In the same vein, I will never buy an AlienWare.
---
{missing_var_sig}
#42The_Man_On_FirePosted 7/31/2014 7:40:25 PM
DmanTee posted...
Who says we are joking?

they have no power
#43Xtreme-VoidPosted 7/31/2014 7:52:44 PM
Only peasants think it as a joke
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#44koujimorenoPosted 7/31/2014 7:58:28 PM
ThePaleRiderp posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
JKatarn posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
If some console mouth breather starts screaming at me that consoles are truly a better gaming platform than a PC then yes, I'm serious about the "master race" stuff.

If a rational, logical console gamer talks to me about it and acknowledges the strengths of a PC but just says that he personally prefers to play games on a console, I have no problem with that.

Kinda contradicting yourself there. You can't be unreasonable/stereotype yourself and expect others to be reasonable with you.

No I'm not, if you lack reading comprehension don't waste my time by responding to my posts. Put me on your ignore list, tag me, or whatever the hell else.

Overreacting just a bit there dude.

RAAAAGGGEEEEE!
#45phillyeagles123Posted 7/31/2014 8:03:20 PM
pwnater777 posted...
Unfortunately, some of the PC gamers on the internet are serious about pushing that mindset on console gamers.

Both PC and consoles have advantages.

Truth
---
Console War in a nutshell: "My plastic box is better than your plastic box!"
#46Terzian313Posted 7/31/2014 8:05:15 PM
Scared of unknown, also jelly
---
GT: Crimson 1ce - PSN: Felloxx - Steam: is for PC amateurs
#47BlackWizardMagusPosted 7/31/2014 8:06:13 PM
Garage_Man posted...
Consoles are amazing at what they do, computers are just the jack of all trades master of none

Umm, PCs are masters of all trades. I can't think of anything consoles can do better...well, unless you like gimmicky controls, I guess. This is just a fact. The only problem with a PC is, well, the user; it requires some knowledge and know-how, although that requirement is shrinking, while consoles are losing their plug-and-play edge. I think this is half the reason for the "PC master race" nonsense; that is, a reaction to console gamers badmouthing the PC with outright false information, especially during the dark years when gaming on PC nearly died outside of about 3 genres. Now, of course, it's a vicious cycle, and the PC gamers who go around spouting this off are just as much part of the problem. Still, I feel bad for PC gamers every time I see someone claim something stupid, like "Dragon Quest was the first videogame RPG" or "The Last of Us is better looking than any game ever made" or "The PS4 is more powerful than PCs".

rainedown posted...
I think it's a little stupid, we're all gamers. ...but I've also argued with someone who thought Christopher Eccleston was the best Doctor for three hours, so, ya know...geeks do weird things.

What madness is this?!
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#48Tucker_BAPosted 7/31/2014 8:08:01 PM
Fez_Watley posted...
Can they not take a joke?

No.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM
#49JKatarnPosted 7/31/2014 8:11:06 PM
Radar posted...
I like how PCs are a full bore computer.

If I don't want to upgrade my hardware for a couple of years, I just scale back the settings. I don't worry about backwards compatibility, or running through my backlog before The New Game/System comes out, since "it's on the HD somewhere". I have a full computer, that isn't behind subscription services. MP usually how/if I want it. M + KB or controller. I can also do everything a computer needs to do.

I hate how everything has to be better or worse than something else.

I like what is console-y about consoles; I insert a game, grab my controller, and game plays, no questions.

I'm not a huge fan of cars, so I will never get a CRX and tune the heck out of it.
In the same vein, I will never buy an AlienWare.

Good, anyone with a modicum of hardware knowledge wouldn't go anywhere near Alienware. They offer atrocious value for the money, but if you like overpaying for pretty lights and logos, they're tops.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#50JKatarnPosted 7/31/2014 8:12:07 PM
koujimoreno posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
JKatarn posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
If some console mouth breather starts screaming at me that consoles are truly a better gaming platform than a PC then yes, I'm serious about the "master race" stuff.

If a rational, logical console gamer talks to me about it and acknowledges the strengths of a PC but just says that he personally prefers to play games on a console, I have no problem with that.

Kinda contradicting yourself there. You can't be unreasonable/stereotype yourself and expect others to be reasonable with you.

No I'm not, if you lack reading comprehension don't waste my time by responding to my posts. Put me on your ignore list, tag me, or whatever the hell else.

Overreacting just a bit there dude.

RAAAAGGGEEEEE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Cqo1iWkMRO4#t=1
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES