This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is red faction 1? Did it age well?

#1Dragonfire4356Posted 7/31/2014 6:36:14 PM
Its only a dollar but the game is 13 years old now.
#2CatToyPosted 7/31/2014 6:38:23 PM(edited)
Still fun after you rebind all the controls. Mostly because no other game has environmental destruction like Red Faction 1/2 have.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#3ZalteraPosted 7/31/2014 6:42:59 PM
It's worth it just for the reaction of your allies when you place remote explosives on their bodies.
---
Why is it that he can hit a 3rd baseman on a frozen rope from 300 feet away, but he can't hit a 12 foot tall catcher from 60 feet 6 inches away?
-Awesomeo_4000
#4ShubPosted 7/31/2014 6:58:51 PM
I played it when it came out, and aside from the destructible environments, all I remember is how appalled I was at beating the game in just a few hours :|
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#5flamerthrowaPosted 7/31/2014 7:02:14 PM
Multiplayer and bots = some of the most fun I've had in a game ever
---
http://tinyurl.com/awwpuv7 i recommend this book to everyone on gfaqs. a fantastic novel by VideoboysaysCube
#6spud_almightyPosted 7/31/2014 9:57:28 PM
CatToy posted...
Still fun after you rebind all the controls. Mostly because no other game has environmental destruction like Red Faction 1/2 have.

Whats wrong with the controls? Standard shooter controls... or every copy iv ever owned atleast.
#7Garage_ManPosted 7/31/2014 10:41:32 PM
I own it on PS2 (2 disks) bought it on the Psn sale, have the pc disk version and just bought this one in steam. It is my fave fps next to CnC Renegade.
#8FenriswolfPosted 8/1/2014 2:41:54 AM
flamerthrowa posted...
Multiplayer and bots = some of the most fun I've had in a game ever

PC version removed the bots unfortunately.
---
Hello
#9CatToyPosted 8/1/2014 2:49:41 AM
spud_almighty posted...
Whats wrong with the controls? Standard shooter controls... or every copy iv ever owned atleast.

I just remember them being weird. But now that I'm thinking about it I have a feeling I was thinking of System Shock 2.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#10FenriswolfPosted 8/1/2014 2:57:01 AM
Red Faction 1's PC port is great, it's UI is similar to Half Life, and the initial levels set in the Martian tunnels are quite sandboxy with lots of secret areas. By the latter half of the game however, the game becomes more linear. The only thing bad about it is the removal of bots from the PS2 version.

Red Faction 2 is a different story, as it's clearly a console port, where the levels are much shorter, have health regen, and there's no save anywhere feature, only checkpoints. Furthermore, the levels are set on Earth so there's less environmental destruction, and there's no multiplayer whatsoever other than matches against bots.
---
Hello