This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come JP still gets their PC games on CD while it is mostly digital for us?

#11dementedlullabyPosted 7/31/2014 10:17:10 PM
arleas posted...
Japan still uses FAX machines on an almost daily basis. Not everything about Japan is advanced.

A lot of businesses still use fax machines actually. It's not really a Japan thing >_>.

Also JP PC gaming is an...odd...market. There's a lot more niche titles and no standard digital PC market in Japan. So many developers just haven't made the push to digital. Since so many of the games don't even make it out of Japan there is little benefit right now to digital PC for the traditional JP developer. As others mentioned the country is rather small considering North American countries so physical distribution is already easier on that front.

For a large company like Bamco/Capcom (or even smaller companies like Gundemonium devs etcetc) a lot of the games do make it to the West. So other digital market places work just fine. No need for a push on that front either.

That's my take on it anyway.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#12RoboXgp89Posted 7/31/2014 10:57:54 PM
with ps4 though the internet downloads will be nothing to them their avg speed is like 50down or something compare to hear where quality is determined by howmch you're willing to pay and where you live

it's insane to think but a 30gb would take me roughly thirty hours to download
#13CatToyPosted 7/31/2014 11:00:58 PM(edited)
mogexpress1 posted...
Japan is mostly mountainous and coastal regions.

Great. So what you're saying is that Japan totally doesn't have a third of the population of the United States crammed into 1/20th the geographic space.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#1413year_old_girlPosted 7/31/2014 11:09:23 PM
arleas posted...
Japan still uses FAX machines on an almost daily basis. Not everything about Japan is advanced.

And yeah, they are into collecting stuff, so I'm betting that a lot of the time they buy stuff and then leave it unopened so that it retains all of its "collection value".

is this some casual racism I detect? You seem to be confusing "Japanese person" for "American weaboo"
---
hi I'm 13 and i love being random! be random with me <:)
#15arleasPosted 7/31/2014 11:46:41 PM
dementedlullaby posted...
A lot of businesses still use fax machines actually. It's not really a Japan thing >_>.

Not to the extent that Japan uses them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/14/world/asia/in-japan-the-fax-machine-is-anything-but-a-relic.html?_r=0
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#16kobalobasileusPosted 7/31/2014 11:49:50 PM
Japan's PC gaming niche is filled mostly with AO-rated dating sims and visual novels. Those aren't the type of game that most digital distribution platforms want to be associated with themselves.
#17RoboXgp89Posted 8/1/2014 12:41:00 AM
kobalobasileus posted...
Japan's PC gaming niche is filled mostly with AO-rated dating sims and visual novels. Those aren't the type of game that most digital distribution platforms want to be associated with themselves.

kana:little sister and crescendo come to m1nd
#18SneakiestNegPosted 8/1/2014 8:10:14 AM
America is still a cash society. Nobody robs stores anymore here, I only ever have 20 euro in my wallet.
#19thefabregas22Posted 8/1/2014 8:32:24 AM
Lemur_H posted...
CatToy posted...
Might be that digital isn't as big of an advantage in Japan where everything is much closer together as it is here. I would probably buy more physical games if I could walk five minutes to a game store, but that just isn't the case.

I did while I was in Sacramento.

Then someone robbed it with a gun.

I think I stopped after that.

THE INTERNET IS SO MUCH SAFER

you seriously let some guy rob you cause he had a gun?

When I was leaving the rough neighbourhood store some wannabe playa came up to me with a gun, pointed it right at my head and said "pockets open up and gimme what I want"

I took a deep breath moved one hand toward my pocket then slapped away his gun by thrusting my leg all the way up to my head. This startled him so I took the opportunity and diving headbutted into his stomach. We both fell to the ground when he said "things are gonna get dicey" and took out a knife, knowing he wasn't messing around now I struggled with him and was able to disarm him by using the ancient techniques taught to me by the man who was the inspiration for kazuma kiryu from the yakuza games.

I moved my knees up onto him arms so he couldn't move then took out my precautionary rope I like to carry for situations like this and simply tied him up so he was immobile

After that I carried him into a dumpster, said "smell ya later" and made my way home
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#20Lemur_HPosted 8/1/2014 11:26:35 AM
I never said I got robbed.