This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could someone suggest games that require some thinking.

#1temoorashrafPosted 7/31/2014 11:01:12 PM
By that I mean, games in which you have to have to plan your moves and think strategically. Like in most stealth games where you observe guard movements and decide on the best course of action.
However, they can't be strategy or puzzle games. The reason being that if I wanted to find a good strategy game, it's easy to do a quick google search.

I'm looking for games kind of like Dragon Age: Origins, where almost all encounters posed a threat and required you to think.
It is also important that they're aren't easier alternatives (grinding in RPG's, or just going guns ablazing in stealth games). When I lose, I don't want to keep on pondering if I should take the easier path.
---
Jester's gonna spank your butt, spank you on the butt
#2jokujokujokuPosted 7/31/2014 11:04:27 PM
NEO Scavenger
#3LordOfLegaciesPosted 7/31/2014 11:05:44 PM
Shadowrun Returns
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#4temoorashraf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 6:42:18 AM
Those seem like really good games, I might get them after I clear a bit of my back log.
---
#5TimePharaohPosted 8/1/2014 7:02:39 AM
Skyrim
#6pothocketPosted 8/1/2014 7:03:19 AM
Transistor - which is still on sale at Steam for the next few hours.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#7TowerBooks3192Posted 8/1/2014 7:09:19 AM
Go with strategy games. Start with Panzer Corp then get the mega campaign DLC (improved campaign for the duration of the war) then go to Afrika Korps and finish with Allied Corps. If you want something free then Steel Panthers WW2 for 1936 to 1945 and Steel Panthers Main Battle Tank for any conflicts after 1945 up to fictional 2020 AD. Best part is Steel Panthers has a battle generator and a campaign generator.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#8KhelThuzadPosted 8/1/2014 7:12:46 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
Skyrim

He asked about a game where you have to think a lot. The one time I had to 'think' a lot in Skyrim was when I was pondering about how much this series has been going in a downward spiral.
---
Trolling? Better get the facts right or get owned.
#9LOLIAmAnAltPosted 8/1/2014 7:18:21 AM
Spelunky?
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#10temoorashraf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 7:57:58 AM
pothocket posted...
Transistor - which is still on sale at Steam for the next few hours.

OMG! I had totally forgotten about that.
I really really want to play that.
I might get it, even though I have a huge backlog.
---