This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC Gaming Community: will you actually buy GTA V on release?

#51LoshadtPosted 8/1/2014 1:02:51 PM
No, I might have bought it full price if it released at the same time as the console versions, but I'm not going to pay $60 for a year-old game just because the developers are massive you-know-whats.

And I hope any console gamers come here from the front page to call us all 'entitled' so they can get laughed out, anybody who thinks customers have some sort of obligation to developers is an idiot.
---
A moment of silence for the dead panda.
#52Cubis101Posted 8/1/2014 1:03:35 PM
Why Rockstar didn't care to release it on PC and why it's taken so long is the PC Market is very, VERY meh. I mean why would I care as a big time developer about a community that wants a game for $20 or less when I can hit the exact same size of that community and sell my game for $60? Really guys? Do I have to spell it out for you? It's more profitable to release their game on consoles only which is why they didn't care about PC and it took all of your ******** to get it here only for it to sit around and wait until it's a forgotten title at $10.

TLDR: They want to make money, you want to save money.
---
GT & PSN & Steam ID: Cubis101
Currently Playing: Runescape, Trials Fusion, Titanfall, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Bravely Default, Yakuman DS, Yugioh: OtN
#53LoshadtPosted 8/1/2014 1:08:23 PM
And there it is right on cue. Nobody here has a responsibility to buy games from crappy developers, I don't care if they were so greedy they wanted to catch double dippers, that doesn't make me want their game more.

They're selling a game, not running a goddamn charity, and if they want someone's money they damn well better sell it. Well, I say that but people like you buy games just to prove how not "entitled" you are/
---
A moment of silence for the dead panda.
#54MaxCHEATER64(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 1:11:40 PM
Cubis101 posted...
Why Rockstar didn't care to release it on PC and why it's taken so long is the PC Market is very, VERY meh. I mean why would I care as a big time developer about a community that wants a game for $20 or less when I can hit the exact same size of that community and sell my game for $60? Really guys? Do I have to spell it out for you? It's more profitable to release their game on consoles only which is why they didn't care about PC and it took all of your ******** to get it here only for it to sit around and wait until it's a forgotten title at $10.

TLDR: They want to make money, you want to save money.

And if they care so much about making money that they'd stifle their own creative process just to not lose money, then I can't support that. It's why I'm boycotting EA.
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#55Tyranius2Posted 8/1/2014 1:25:47 PM
If the game has Social Club I won't be buying GTA V period
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#56JartenPosted 8/1/2014 1:34:15 PM
Where is the poll selection for "I might buy it"?
#57MaxCHEATER64(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 1:35:29 PM
Jarten posted...
Where is the poll selection for "I might buy it"?

If you're still deciding whether or not you're going to buy it at launch, you might as well just vote no.
---
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#58Fou LuPosted 8/1/2014 1:42:12 PM
Nope, don't like Rockstar. They think they're edgy and push the borders, but they're really just as tame as Nintendo. I play games where you tear off your enemies limbs with your bare hands and then beat them with their torn off limb.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#59MaxCHEATER64(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 1:44:15 PM
Fou Lu posted...
Nope, don't like Rockstar. They think they're edgy and push the borders, but they're really just as tame as Nintendo. I play games where you tear off your enemies limbs with your bare hands and then beat them with their torn off limb.

still not as gory as TD2
---
#60mjc0961Posted 8/1/2014 1:47:36 PM
Absolutely never. They still haven't completed the PS3 version I paid $60 for last year. Those f***ers will never see a cent of my money again. Not for GTA V, not for GTA VI, not for GTA VII, not for anything.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game