This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you play Sacred 3? It says released but won't let me play it.

#11PaukenPosted 8/2/2014 12:14:27 PM
It's a damn shame Sacred 3 is such a crappy departure from the first two games. The fact that it has local co-op on PC just rubs salt in the wound, as Sacred 2 on PC has such an inferior control scheme to the console releases, and would heavily benefit from local co-op and gamepad controls.
#12ChromaticAngel(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 8:08:30 PM
Pauken posted...
It's a damn shame Sacred 3 is such a crappy departure from the first two games.

I disagree. Sacred 3 looks like lots of fun and much better than Sacred 2. That is also because Sacred 2 is a giant pile of s***. It's an awful 1-4 player MMO that does everything s***ty and is a pathetic shadow of the games it copied from, like Diablo 2. Sacred 3 looks like what you'd have if you took Sacred 2 and removed everything that was s***ty about the game, which admittedly means you have almost nothing left because almost everything about Sacred 2 was s***ty, but what is left looks like a fun arcade hack & slash like the game advertises itself to be, and people are just salty that it's not an RPG because they like to play terrible games like Sacred 2.

rare footage of developers working on Sacred 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

Also, if you have a problem with the control scheme in Sacred 3, it's because you're playing a game obviously designed for a controller with KB&M.
---
RPG Spotlight: Eschalon: Book II http://www.gog.com/game/eschalon_book_ii
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/eLAb8Hj2
#13TimePharaohPosted 8/2/2014 8:18:21 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
How do you play

ChromaticAngel posted...
I disagree. Sacred 3 looks like lots of fun and much better than Sacred 2. That is also because Sacred 2 is a giant pile of s***. It's an awful 1-4 player MMO that does everything s***ty and is a pathetic shadow of the games it copied from, like Diablo 2. Sacred 3 looks like what you'd have if you took Sacred 2 and removed everything that was s***ty about the game, which admittedly means you have almost nothing left because almost everything about Sacred 2 was s***ty, but what is left looks like a fun arcade hack & slash like the game advertises itself to be, and people are just salty that it's not an RPG because they like to play terrible games like Sacred 2.

rare footage of developers working on Sacred 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

Also, if you have a problem with the control scheme in Sacred 3, it's because you're playing a game obviously designed for a controller with KB&M.

11/10
#14Lemur_HPosted 8/2/2014 8:19:22 PM
Trolling.
#15NateRose89Posted 8/3/2014 1:33:38 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
Pauken posted...
It's a damn shame Sacred 3 is such a crappy departure from the first two games.

Sacred 3 is possibly the worst game I've ever played.
---
PSN ID: rockstock89
#16notSFFPosted 8/3/2014 3:06:35 PM
Sacred 3 is a complete bastardization of one of the best ARPG franchises I grew up with. Deep Silver should be ashamed.

Man...what the hell happened to Deep Silver? They used to be cool...
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#17Haley Joel OsmentPosted 8/3/2014 3:13:11 PM
notSFF posted...
Sacred 3 is a complete bastardization of one of the best ARPG franchises I grew up with. Deep Silver should be ashamed.

Deep Silver has always been a garbage tier company. Not sure when this period they were supposedly cool took place.

---
I see dead people.
#18notSFFPosted 8/3/2014 3:18:35 PM
Haley Joel Osment posted...
notSFF posted...

Deep Silver has always been a garbage tier company. Not sure when this period they were supposedly cool took place.

Risen 1 and Dead Island, mainly.

Then they started making zero effort rehashes like Risen 2 and Dead Island Riptide, and then they published Ride to ****ing Hell. And now THIS.

Pretty much the only thing from them I've enjoyed recently has been Dead Island Epidemic.
---
#19geekneck99Posted 8/3/2014 3:42:18 PM
So then maybe it's not from drinking too much Saints Flow after that acquisition? :P
---
If you can read this,
You don't need glasses.
#20notSFFPosted 8/3/2014 3:44:36 PM
Oh yeah, they also helped make SR4. Okay, now THAT was actually a great game. Its just a shame that the majority of their other games lately aren't nearly as good.
---