This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your stance on pre-order bonuses.

#21LordOfLegaciesPosted 8/2/2014 4:23:59 PM
I don't care. On disc DLC sucks and I will always oppose it but if I can get it without being nickled and dimed then whatever.
One positive thing I have to say preorder bonuses is that they tend to bring out the crybabies with undeserved senses of entitlement. When a game comes out and you get one thing for buying at Best Buy and something different for buying it at Walmart and they start saying stuff like "they shouldn't do that because now I can't get all of those things!"

All that being said, I almost never preorder unless they're doing some midnight release party or the game's gonna be a pain in the ass to get.

Snake99001 posted...
They literally offer no benefit to the consumer.

You mean other than the bonus the consumer gets for preordering, hence the term preorder bonus?
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#22reincarnator07Posted 8/2/2014 5:09:25 PM
I'm happy with feelies or cosmetic items, but I don't think DLC or levels should be held back for pre orders. Unless it's a game I'm 100% sure will be great, I'll never pre order, I've been burned too many times. Unless you can get some sort of guarantee on the quality of a game, you shouldn't pre order.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#23KaiserWarriorPosted 8/2/2014 5:33:24 PM
I do not buy games sight-unseen before they are released. When companies throw cheap crap at me to try to get me to do so, they are insulting my intelligence and make me less likely to pay any more than 50% off for their crap.
#24Omnipotent_CowPosted 8/2/2014 5:36:18 PM
I'm mostly ambivalent, I don't pre-order so it doesn't really affect me. I only hate it when they rip out content and tack it on as a bonus, which EA loves to do.
#25SilentHawk29Posted 8/2/2014 5:39:07 PM
Out of game stuff is cool, like soundtracks, artwork, dev diaries, and so on. Witcher 2 and 3 is a good example of this.

In game stuff needs to burn in hell.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#26pwnater777Posted 8/2/2014 5:41:34 PM
They definitely are a stupid idea. I'm only fine with it if it's pointless MP stuff, like extra skills, XP boosts, or outfits.

But something as greedy as blocking off Alien: Isolation missions from people who didn't pre-order, and making them have to pay extra later on if they want the missions? Scumbag publishers.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#27KaiserWarriorPosted 8/2/2014 5:43:38 PM
pwnater777 posted...
They definitely are a stupid idea. I'm only fine with it if it's pointless MP stuff, like extra skills, XP boosts, or outfits.

But something as greedy as blocking off Alien: Isolation missions from people who didn't pre-order, and making them have to pay extra later on if they want the missions? Scumbag publishers.

Also relevant in light of what happened with the previous Alien-related game to come out from the same publisher.

You would think that after that debacle, they'd shy away from tying anything to pre-orders. But unfortunately, the modern gamer community are a bunch of weak-willed betas that'll gladly sign themselves up for another Colonial Marines if it means they get some free pixels.
#28desertmanPosted 8/2/2014 6:15:38 PM
I don't mind, as long as it's not exclusive to preorders.
---
about:robots
about:mozilla
#29LoshadtPosted 8/2/2014 6:38:12 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
You mean other than the bonus the consumer gets for preordering, hence the term preorder bonus?

It's not a bonus, it's a piece of the game they hacked off or locked access to in order to incentivize putting money on the game before it's even out. What's even more ridiculous is that you don't think doing such a thing isn't strictly anti-consumer, and even more than that is that you believe people who are against it are crybabies for disliking it.
---
Scientifically proven.
#30LootmanPosted 8/2/2014 7:55:40 PM
They're a bonus. I like that.
---
\(._.)/ Hi, my name is Lootman!
._.)/ http://i.imgur.com/KyOOLwU.jpg