This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your stance on pre-order bonuses.

#31TimePharaohPosted 8/2/2014 8:20:56 PM
Loshadt posted...
LordOfLegacies posted...
You mean other than the bonus the consumer gets for preordering, hence the term preorder bonus?

It's not a bonus, it's a piece of the game they hacked off or locked access to in order to incentivize putting money on the game before it's even out. What's even more ridiculous is that you don't think doing such a thing isn't strictly anti-consumer, and even more than that is that you believe people who are against it are crybabies for disliking it.

>Implying the only type of preorder bonus is in-game content
#32LoshadtPosted 8/2/2014 8:23:26 PM
TimePharaoh posted...

Go ahead and point out where I said that, I'll wait.
---
Scientifically proven.
#33Orestes417Posted 8/2/2014 8:28:34 PM
Loshadt posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

It's not a bonus, it's a piece of the game they hacked off or locked access to in order to incentivize putting money on the game before it's even out.

Gee wonder what that is?
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#34TimePharaohPosted 8/2/2014 8:30:16 PM
Loshadt posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

Probably the part where you replied to a guy saying "preorder bonuses are bonuses" by ranting about in-game content "it's not a bonus" when he didn't actually say anything about in-game content.

If you're going to apply missing meaning to his post, it gets applied to yours as well derpcake.
#35LOLIAmAnAltPosted 8/2/2014 8:31:14 PM
I am ok with them, they don't sway me into buying a game.

If I was going to pre-order a game, it wasn't going to be because of the bonus. But the bonus is definitely welcome.

Physical bonus is even better.
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#36harcoreblazerPosted 8/2/2014 9:36:47 PM
Don't have a problem with them, the stuff that sucks is the ones that give you a head start in a online game (Examples: Crysis 3, Resistance: Burning Skies) but then again it's pretty minimal since you can get to level 5 fairly quickly.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#37SetzeraPosted 8/2/2014 10:10:23 PM
At first I didn't mind so much, it was basically a few early access items that you'd get later. Now, when you get different items for different systems, or different stores purchased from.

Now I'm really not supporting pre-orders from anywhere. I'll wait until all the DLC is available, and priced for the cost of the retail game at launch, or even cheaper.

I may have to wait longer to play, but I pay less, and the publisher can go suck an egg.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#38AcquirePosted 8/2/2014 10:13:30 PM
I don't mind them as long as they're not specific to different retailers. It's a nice perk for those that choose to buy the game before it's released.
---
Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.
#39zen_miseryPosted 8/2/2014 10:19:44 PM
Unless it really will be a physically restrictive release I do not preorder. To give you an idea the last game I preordered was Phantasy Star Universe for PC.

It has become big time anti-consumer. At the core I am giving a corporation money for a product that doesn't exist yet, it may as well be a 0%APR loan.

My next gripe is that it is to entice you to product you have no idea on the quality. If you wait even a week for reviews and still buy the game you get burned out of "bonuses" , if the quality is bad you are burned.

Why reward one set of consumers and detract from another set simply because of timing, no matter how minute? I've read many articles on how publishers claim the launch of a game is important then complain about sustained sales. Outside of timed release DLC that you pay for they have no strategy for sustained sales. Why create rewards for group 1 when by your own admission group 2 is equally as important. You now have a group that purchased they same product but have different "bonuses."

Exclusive content is the worst. This versions of preorders needs to die and fast; no further explanation needed.

In game content is also bad. Besides the segmented community it creates, this content might never be released for general consumption. It also almost guarantees that content will not be available even to those who preordered when servers go offline.

Preorders went from something good for the industy, reserving a game that you might otherwise never be able to obtain, to the poison of the industry. All that matters is launch, show false gameplay, show cut content, pass of demo targets as gameplay, buy good reviews, segment content for preorders and dlc, plant consumer reviews. Anything to secure that launch dollar.

I don't like rewarding bad behavior.
---
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu68/wizco02/onlyway_zps4d85ea83.gif
#40akuma634Posted 8/2/2014 10:26:22 PM
I have no issue with it. If I get the game later on, I don't feel robbed that I'm missing a character skin or one map pack.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\