This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your stance on pre-order bonuses.

#41wdfosterPosted 8/3/2014 12:16:07 AM
arleas posted...
There's no point in pre-ordering digital distributed games. Pre-orders are only good when there's a limited number of something available and you need to reserve a copy. Since there's no limit to how many digital copies can be sold, then pre-ordering is for suckers.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/9539-The-Poison-of-Pre-Order-Culture

Unless you're taking advantage of a pre-order discount of a game you plan on buying on release day.
---
Steam ID - BarneyRound
#42LordOfLegaciesPosted 8/3/2014 12:20:13 AM
Loshadt posted...
1. It's not a bonus, it's a piece of the game they hacked off or locked access to in order to incentivize putting money on the game before it's even out.
2. What's even more ridiculous is that you don't think doing such a thing isn't strictly anti-consumer,
3. and even more than that is that you believe people who are against it are crybabies for disliking it.

So presumptuous of you. Let's begin...
1. We're talking about preorder bonuses. You're talking about on-disc DLC. You might be in the wrong conversation brah.
2. To respond to this, I would like to quote you:
Loshadt posted...
Go ahead and point out where I said that, I'll wait.

3. To answer this I'd like to refer to something my pappy taught me way back when. All pickles are cucumbers but not all cucumbers are pickles, all thumbs are fingers but not all fingers are thumbs, and all crybabies will complain about on-disc DLC but not all people who complain about on-disc DLC are crybabies.
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#43wdfosterPosted 8/3/2014 12:24:10 AM
arleas posted...
Orestes417 posted...
You're neglecting preorder sales. If I'm getting 10+ bucks off a game I'd buy anyway and they're tossing in a little preorder lagniappe I'd be an idiot not to at least consider doing it.

If I want the game bad enough to buy it at launch, then yes, $10 off is nice... but if I'm anxious to play it enough I'd probably pay full price (oops, nobody heard me say that, right?) So yeah, if I'm buying it anyway then the extras are just that... Extra.

The thing is, I also get $10 off the game (and more) by waiting for a big sale. Also while I'm waiting I get to hear that the game is as good as I hoped, or maybe that it sucked balls and I just dodged a bullet by not jumping on the preorder $10 off sale.

Well its always been my opinion that liking a game is half mindset and half quality of product. You're not going to like a game no matter what if you don't care to like it, even if its considered "one of the greats". But if you are excited about a game enough to pre order it, chances are you're going to have a good time with it. Unless its a dog turd like you said, but we can usually tell a dog turd when we see one nowadays. One still slips by every now and then, but that shouldn't scare you from pre ordering The Witcher 3.
---
Steam ID - BarneyRound
#44SilentHawk29Posted 8/3/2014 6:04:03 AM
^pre-ordered Dragon Age 2, because all pre-orders got upgraded to the "Signature Edition"!!! I hated my life for awhile and was the last time EA got me.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#45arleasPosted 8/3/2014 8:23:51 AM
wdfoster posted...
Well its always been my opinion that liking a game is half mindset and half quality of product. You're not going to like a game no matter what if you don't care to like it, even if its considered "one of the greats". But if you are excited about a game enough to pre order it, chances are you're going to have a good time with it. Unless its a dog turd like you said, but we can usually tell a dog turd when we see one nowadays. One still slips by every now and then, but that shouldn't scare you from pre ordering The Witcher 3.

There have been plenty of times where I've been hyped to play a game and then I felt let down because the hype didn't match the game I got. I'd rather wait for a good sale. I've got almost 1000 games on steam, so I'm not in any way hurting for stuff to play. I can afford to wait.

Also finding the time to play is a problem too. I guess if I were younger I'd buy games at launch, but now it's better for me in every way if I wait.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#46THOMASNATORPosted 8/3/2014 6:02:54 PM
Allowed on a game that is confirmed to support a wide variety of computers at launch.
Should be weapons skins or new weapons without competitive advantage. NO MISSIONS PLZ.
should be available later on as DLC.
---
To innovate is good, to stand and innovate is better.
A8-6600K | NVIDIA GTX TITAN | 2x Seagate 500GB | 1x Seagate 2TB | Corsair 850
#47jake-sfPosted 8/3/2014 6:20:48 PM
THOMASNATOR posted...
new weapons

Nope.

No new weapons, items, or any garbage of this kind.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#48Kokuei05Posted 8/3/2014 6:45:50 PM(edited)
Dislike. They're just content being cut from the game and sold as a promo or DLC later.
---
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
#49DetectiveZPosted 8/3/2014 7:26:41 PM
I don't mind physical bonuses. But, honestly Pre-Order DLC can go to hell.
Even worse, when they don't sell the DLC after a good amount of time.

I wish though they sold the Pre Order bonuses afterwards so if you didn't get it, you don't get screwed over.
---
3DS FC: 1504-5928-8042
Krabby, Poliwhirl and Floatzel
#50ggf162Posted 8/3/2014 7:30:18 PM
Absolutely should not exist.
---
The constructive use of riches is better than their possession.