This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your stance on pre-order bonuses.

#51NicoC96Posted 8/3/2014 6:36:15 PM
As far as digital items, things like reskins and early access to the beta/DLC/other game are fine. If it is a new gun, special character, or something along those lines it better be available for purchase after the game is out. I'm 100% ok with them giving out DLC to preorders.

Physical items are all fair game. Printed maps and posters are awesome. Normally I don't preorder games, but a case can be made for something like the upcoming Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remake. Have fun trying to get ahold of a Pokemon game right after a launch that is around a month before Black Friday. The preorder bonus for that is just a poster at Gamestop.
#52jake-sfPosted 8/3/2014 7:09:00 PM
NicoC96 posted...
I'm 100% ok with them giving out DLC to preorders.

Why??

The very existence of that DLC is a joke in the first place.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#53kobalobasileusPosted 8/3/2014 8:59:30 PM
I don't worry about them. It's almost guaranteed that they will become available later as cheap DLC. It's more cost effective to wait for a massive price drop/sale and get the game + DLC discounted than to pre-order the game and get the DLC for free.
#54SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/3/2014 9:17:10 PM
It depends really. If it's something niche, a preorder encourages retailers to stock more, which means more money for the publisher, and more of their games being published.

If it's a game you know will print money, yeah, there's really no point on preordering.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#55pwnater777Posted 8/3/2014 9:18:03 PM
Expansions are welcomed by me with open arms.
DLC can suck it.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe