This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you consider a game split between consoles and PC an exclusive?

#1ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/2/2014 10:08:38 AM
Games like Titanfall, DR3, No Man's Sky, etc would you still consider them Microsoft or Sony exclusive? I personally don't I see the PC as its own platform.
---
Valar morghulis
#2Lemur_HPosted 8/2/2014 10:10:56 AM
No. Let's not rewrite definitions. It's bad enough most people use the word literally incorrectly.
#3GoIrish80Posted 8/2/2014 10:12:15 AM
Anyone who does consider them exclusive

1) Doesn't understand the definition of the word, and
2) Has an inferiority complex about their preferred platform
#4ThePaleRiderp(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 10:12:37 AM
Lemur_H posted...
No. Let's not rewrite definitions. It's bad enough most people use the word literally incorrectly.

Lol. I always thought exclusive meant you can only get it in one place.
---
Valar morghulis
#5TehPwnzererPosted 8/2/2014 10:13:39 AM
Lemur_H posted...

Not as bad as people who use ironically incorrectly.

But no, if it comes out on xbox and pc but not playstation, it's not exclusive.
#6HappyHippo04Posted 8/2/2014 10:16:31 AM
Well technically a game that is for Windows and Xbox only is a Microsoft exclusive.
---
PC | Wii U | 3DSXL | Vita
FC: 4639-9367-1408
#7Lemur_HPosted 8/2/2014 10:19:20 AM(edited)
TehPwnzerer posted...
Lemur_H posted...

Not as bad as people who use ironically incorrectly.

But no, if it comes out on xbox and pc but not playstation, it's not exclusive.

Haven't experienced this. I personally know someone that frequently uses the word literally. Every other sentence... It's gotten so bad...

It's like an anime character saying "nyaaa!~ =^___^=" at the end of every sentence.
#8Lemur_HPosted 8/2/2014 10:18:49 AM
HappyHippo04 posted...
Well technically a game that is for Windows and Xbox only is a Microsoft exclusive.

Probably not as common these days. Mac gaming has grown.
#9AsucaHayashiPosted 8/2/2014 10:30:19 AM
peasants like to think that a game that's on 3/4 platforms should be considered "exclusive" as long as it doesn't appear on that last 1/4.

also, it apparently also counts when a game is microsoft/sony/nintendo exclusive.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#10ThePaleRiderp(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 10:38:11 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
peasants like to think that a game that's on 3/4 platforms should be considered "exclusive" as long as it doesn't appear on that last 1/4.

also, it apparently also counts when a game is microsoft/sony/nintendo exclusive.

I just count the PC as its own platform because it really is. Now if Microsoft Sony or Nintendo developed the game it would be a little different but at the end of the day you don't have to buy their consoles to play the game. I just don't see why people don't understand that.
---
Valar morghulis