This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starting Diablo II for the first time today.

#11pwnater777(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 12:37:37 PM
ThePrivateRyan posted...
If you are playing offline there is a hires mod although im not sure if it works with current d2 version.

I tried, and it's for the last version. Oh well, game still looks alright anyway.

Sinfullyvannila posted...
I'd recommend Titan Quest over D2 unless you plan on doing lots of multiplayer.

Sounds like you already bought D2 though.

Yep, already bought. I could always still check out Titan Quest though, but I'll always have a huge bias in favor of Blizz games.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#12swatkiller546Posted 8/2/2014 12:40:12 PM
game is outdated dude.
---
"Get down on your knees and cry!"
#13ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/2/2014 12:41:28 PM
swatkiller546 posted...
game is outdated dude.

How?
#14pwnater777(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 12:43:56 PM
swatkiller546 posted...
game is outdated dude.

Just because D3 is out, I assume?

I don't care regardless. I still play PS1 constantly, I just recently bought MYST, Riven, and MYST III: Exile on PC, DOOM is still one of my favorite games of all time, and the first Counter-Strike is still definitely enjoyable. I really don't care about when a video game released.
---
#15YoungAdultLinkPosted 8/2/2014 12:55:11 PM
Another game worth looking at is Torchlight and Torchlight 2. Built by some of the same folks who made Diablo 2, they added some quality of life improvements in their earlier game, Fate, and kept them around. Like getting a pet who can carry loot away and sell it for you, stuff like that.

Not the same kind of dark look, but thoroughly enjoyable.
---
One day, when I am too old for adventuring, I will settle down and open up a little armor shop called, "Victorious Secret."
#16the_dracolichPosted 8/2/2014 1:00:43 PM
You should get the PlugY mod. it doesn't work with the latest patch (1.13d, I think), you have to use 1.13c, but it's worth it because it adds a lot of convenience and stuff that's normally restricted to Battlenet ladder.

And don't listen to the guys that say the game isn't worth playing. It's still the best of its kind and miles above Titan Quest.
---
Immune to criticals, criticism, negative board level, etc.
#17SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/2/2014 1:00:44 PM
pwnater777 posted...
ThePrivateRyan posted...
If you are playing offline there is a hires mod although im not sure if it works with current d2 version.

I tried, and it's for the last version. Oh well, game still looks alright anyway.

Yep, already bought. I could always still check out Titan Quest though, but I'll always have a huge bias in favor of Blizz games.

I'd just keep an eye out for Grim Dawn, it's by the same people, and it's gonna be very similar to Titan Quest aside from the setting. Unfortunately, Titan Quests multiplayer is kaput unless you use a 3rd party program, and Grim Dawn hasn't implemented MP yet.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#18pwnater777(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 1:05:15 PM
pwnater777 posted...
ThePrivateRyan posted...

I'd just keep an eye out for Grim Dawn, it's by the same people, and it's gonna be very similar to Titan Quest aside from the setting. Unfortunately, Titan Quests multiplayer is kaput unless you use a 3rd party program, and Grim Dawn hasn't implemented MP yet.

Looks like an awesome art style based on a Google Image search.
---
#19JKatarnPosted 8/2/2014 1:11:06 PM
TheMove2 posted...
D2 blows away d3. If d2 was remastered in 1080p more ppl would go back and play it then d3.

As someone who has played a fair share of D2 in his day, you might want to remove the rose-tinted glasses. D2 was/is fun, but D3 improves upon in it so many ways (combat,physics,graphics,build freedom) that it would be very hard to go back to D2.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#20ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/2/2014 1:12:33 PM
JKatarn posted...
As someone who has played a fair share of D2 in his day, you might want to remove the rose-tinted glasses. D2 was/is fun, but D3 improves upon in it so many ways (combat,physics,graphics,build freedom) that it would be very hard to go back to D2.

Nope.