This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best midnight release you've ever gone to?

#1LordOfLegaciesPosted 8/2/2014 4:30:13 PM
I don't go to midnight releases much anymore because they're boring, just standing in line.
The Gamestop in my area used to have actual "parties" for midnight releases. When Star Wars: The Force Unleashed came out I went in for the midnight release. There were about 20 people there total and the employees were hanging out outside the store with us just shooting the s*** and whatnot. They had free soda and stuff, everyone there (even my friend who wasn't buying the game but was just hanging out with me) got a free storm trooper figurine, and they had a raffle where one person got their copy of the game for free and a few runners up got free strategy guides for the game.

I understand they can't do that kinda stuff for bigger titles like Call of Duty when they have a few hundred people lined up around the block but I love it when they do. Anybody else have stories to share?
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#2Digital StormPosted 8/2/2014 4:32:21 PM
I've never gone to a midnight release.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#3gtaking5Posted 8/2/2014 4:36:39 PM
The only midnight release I went to was the PS4 launch. Sitting out in the cold middle of November for 4 hours is not fun no matter what.
---
http://i.imgur.com/1WapMWc.png
Titanfall - Best Call of Duty Game - GamesRadar, E3 2013
#4Lemur_HPosted 8/2/2014 4:37:24 PM
I've only been to one and it was Skyrim.

It was okay. Not the kind of people I would want to associate with regularly.

It was like if there was a TV show called The Internet: IRL.
#5MaximoomPosted 8/2/2014 4:41:45 PM
Digital Storm posted...
I've never gone to a midnight release.

---
Asus P8H61-MLE/BR | i5 3470 3.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3-1333 | 1TB HDD | C3TEC 500Rve 500W Bronze | Samsung 32" LCD 1080p.
#6pwnater777Posted 8/2/2014 4:41:54 PM
Halo 4. I was hyped for the game, and I loved jumping online around 1 A.M. with some of my Xbox Live friends to go into matchmaking.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#7ggf162Posted 8/2/2014 4:46:11 PM
Only one I've ever been to was the Starcraft 2 release, and well I think my mom had more of a fun time than I did.
---
The constructive use of riches is better than their possession.
#8Mudkip57Posted 8/2/2014 4:50:59 PM
I went to the Wii midnight launch back when I was younger and didn't have a gaming capable PC. Nothing really interesting happened, and it was even technically a midnight launch. The walmart I camped out at was going to be midnight, but I waited for several hours before they told us that they only had 14 units and I was #18 in line. So I went over to Target and just sat there till it opened at 8 AM. It was the only midnight launch I ever been to, and I don't see myself going to another. Consoles just don't do it for me anymore, and Steam preloading means I can sit back with my booze and play when the game unlocks
#9rainedownPosted 8/2/2014 4:53:58 PM
Wrath of the lich king, hands down, but I haven't been to one in years. It's a very fun experience with friends and you get to meet other people in your area who obviously are into the same game.

Unless it's like the Dark Souls release, which coincided with some huge franchise release, I was surrounded by frat bros everywhere lmao.
#10Game-XpertPosted 8/2/2014 5:08:49 PM
Only been to two one for AC3 and the other for GTA V and they were awful as there would be police helicopters flying over the Gamestop.

I don't think I will ever go to another again.
---
3DS/PC/PS3