This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best midnight release you've ever gone to?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best midnight release you've ever gone to?
11 months ago#11
I've only been to one, for Wrath of the Lich King. My friend and I went together. There were a good 200 people in line. We decided not to wait, and instead drove around for a bit, saw some deer, finally went back and the line was down to 20.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
11 months ago#12
I've only been to two, both for Final Fantasy games. The last one was FFXII; it was kind of fun. We played Guitar Hero a bit on the demo station, but since there was only two guitars hardly anyone was playing. So the employees let everyone borrow a DS, and we all played Mario Kart until almost midnight. I owned everyone there. =P

Nowdays I don't get so excited for games that I'd bother attending a midnight release. Besides, I go all digital if possible nowdays, so if nothing else I just buy the game at midnight eastern time (two hours earlier than midnight here) for a 'midnight release'.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
11 months ago#13
I've only went to one which was for either burning crusade or wrath of the lich king (can't remember) with some friends. But after that, I realized it wasn't worth my time to go to one ever again.
---
I7 2600K 4.2GHz | GTX 770 2GB SC | Asus Sabertooth P67 | DDR3 1600 2x4GB | Intel 120GB & 240GB SSD | CM Silent Pro 850W | 120MM Liquid Cooler | CM HAF 922
11 months ago#14
Digital Storm posted...
I've never gone to a midnight release.

I didn't think I would need to clarify that if the topic doesn't apply to you then you have no place in it. You're like those people on Facebook where one person makes a public post asking if anybody knows the answer to some question and you send them a private message saying you can't help them. Why waste your time?
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
11 months ago#15
StarCraft II.

It was the only midnight release I've been to. Showed up and saw a huge line at GameStop. Said "f*** that", went to the Walmart across the street and picked up my copy there. I was like one of five people that did this and got a free SCII poster out of it. So I guess that was kinda cool.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
11 months ago#16
I went to the Mortal Kombat midnight release at Gamestop The first and only one I did and it was awesome. They got a bunch of pizzas and sodas and had a MK tourney for maybe 40-50 people it was a blast.
11 months ago#17
Diablo 3 one. Being like the only one that played 2 felt great.

SSBB one was a disaster as my social anxiety disorder greatly overpowered me and Pikachu was a lot different.

Hoping SSB4 will be better.
---
Official Succubus of the SMT IV board.
I shall remind them of the error in their beliefs... And remind them, that they should fear me.
11 months ago#18
LordOfLegacies posted...
Digital Storm posted...
I've never gone to a midnight release.

I didn't think I would need to clarify that if the topic doesn't apply to you then you have no place in it. You're like those people on Facebook where one person makes a public post asking if anybody knows the answer to some question and you send them a private message saying you can't help them. Why waste your time?

Are you bothered?
11 months ago#19
Not in the slightest.
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
11 months ago#20
Only one I went to was for Diablo 3. Met one normal person there, but overall I didn't enjoy the crowd of loud, smelly 20-somethings talking about reddit and 4chan.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best midnight release you've ever gone to?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived