This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best midnight release you've ever gone to?

#11CatToyPosted 8/2/2014 5:11:20 PM
I've only been to one, for Wrath of the Lich King. My friend and I went together. There were a good 200 people in line. We decided not to wait, and instead drove around for a bit, saw some deer, finally went back and the line was down to 20.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#12DarkLagunaPosted 8/2/2014 5:38:33 PM
I've only been to two, both for Final Fantasy games. The last one was FFXII; it was kind of fun. We played Guitar Hero a bit on the demo station, but since there was only two guitars hardly anyone was playing. So the employees let everyone borrow a DS, and we all played Mario Kart until almost midnight. I owned everyone there. =P

Nowdays I don't get so excited for games that I'd bother attending a midnight release. Besides, I go all digital if possible nowdays, so if nothing else I just buy the game at midnight eastern time (two hours earlier than midnight here) for a 'midnight release'.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#13Xantose161Posted 8/2/2014 5:46:36 PM
I've only went to one which was for either burning crusade or wrath of the lich king (can't remember) with some friends. But after that, I realized it wasn't worth my time to go to one ever again.
---
I7 2600K 4.2GHz | GTX 770 2GB SC | Asus Sabertooth P67 | DDR3 1600 2x4GB | Intel 120GB & 240GB SSD | CM Silent Pro 850W | 120MM Liquid Cooler | CM HAF 922
#14LordOfLegacies(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 6:39:12 PM
Digital Storm posted...
I've never gone to a midnight release.

I didn't think I would need to clarify that if the topic doesn't apply to you then you have no place in it. You're like those people on Facebook where one person makes a public post asking if anybody knows the answer to some question and you send them a private message saying you can't help them. Why waste your time?
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#15PsythikPosted 8/2/2014 6:42:59 PM
StarCraft II.

It was the only midnight release I've been to. Showed up and saw a huge line at GameStop. Said "f*** that", went to the Walmart across the street and picked up my copy there. I was like one of five people that did this and got a free SCII poster out of it. So I guess that was kinda cool.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#16Painface999Posted 8/2/2014 6:47:23 PM
I went to the Mortal Kombat midnight release at Gamestop The first and only one I did and it was awesome. They got a bunch of pizzas and sodas and had a MK tourney for maybe 40-50 people it was a blast.
#17KittenLinaPosted 8/2/2014 6:47:57 PM
Diablo 3 one. Being like the only one that played 2 felt great.

SSBB one was a disaster as my social anxiety disorder greatly overpowered me and Pikachu was a lot different.

Hoping SSB4 will be better.
---
Official Succubus of the SMT IV board.
I shall remind them of the error in their beliefs... And remind them, that they should fear me.
#18Lemur_HPosted 8/2/2014 6:49:30 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
Digital Storm posted...
I've never gone to a midnight release.

I didn't think I would need to clarify that if the topic doesn't apply to you then you have no place in it. You're like those people on Facebook where one person makes a public post asking if anybody knows the answer to some question and you send them a private message saying you can't help them. Why waste your time?

Are you bothered?
#19LordOfLegacies(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 7:01:24 PM
Not in the slightest.
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#20PsyborgasmPosted 8/2/2014 7:06:56 PM
Only one I went to was for Diablo 3. Met one normal person there, but overall I didn't enjoy the crowd of loud, smelly 20-somethings talking about reddit and 4chan.