This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best midnight release you've ever gone to?

#31GarudinPosted 8/2/2014 7:16:01 PM
Halo 4 and some other one I can't recall neither was because of anything they did for the event.

Halo 4 was just funny because for the ton of people lined up around to block waiting in line for their copy me and a buddy decided to check it out on a whim after seeing a movie nearby and he had a buddy in line near the very front so we had him grab our copies as well.

The other one was decent simply because this store unlike the others around me allowed people to come inside and either purchase or pay off the rest of their pre-order and then numbered your receipt all before 12am so at 12 they simple gave out copies in a fast orderly manner instead of having to double check everything when people came in.
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea GT: Garudin
#32Virus66Posted 8/2/2014 7:16:34 PM
Smash Bros Brawl. There were like... 200 people and there was a regional tournament for 32 people, myself included. It was a lot of fun. Made it to the semifinals with using Olimar for the first time ever and using the horrid nunchuk controls for the first time also. If they game me a GCN controller, I probably could have won
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#33SpazH3dPosted 8/3/2014 2:20:12 PM
HUMOR! http://www.killthehydra.com/wp-content/uploads/people-you-see-at-midnight-release-dorkly-comic1.jpg

And a bump I guess. Oh and I've never been to one. People are scary.
---
- My vision is augmented
#34DC07301981Posted 8/3/2014 2:26:11 PM
Never been to a midnight release. Usually I just ordered the game online and chose one day shipping or ship and get it on release day. A store around where I live will always have a copy somewhere, so I just pick it up when it's convenient if I don't order online.
#35Jprime666Posted 8/3/2014 2:32:24 PM
I went to the Modern Warfare 2 launch with a couple friends. That sucked, but it was kinda exciting playing it from 1AM-4AM the night it came out.

Wouldn't ever do it again though.
---
Fragrance of Dark Coffee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k
#36xEnraiyaxPosted 8/3/2014 3:08:13 PM
I went to a midnight release for Modern Warfare 2.....never again. So to answer the question, none.
---
---
As I stare upon her bosom, I think to myself the moon and sun have met in perfect harmony. Thus my mind has eclipsed.
#37JohnnyKoochPosted 8/3/2014 8:03:22 PM
I went to the Link Between Worlds midnight release at best buy. I pre-ordered it.

It came out the same day as the XB1. The thing was that they were having a midnight release for the Xbox One, not particularly legend of zelda.

But I swooped right ahead of the not-so big line of people waiting for x1's.

The one and only midnight release of my life.
#38AndronicusZeroPosted 8/3/2014 10:11:04 PM
The only midnight release that comes to mind is the Wii launch. Not exactly a midnight release since we were in line until the store opened at 9am, but even so... I went with a friend and everyone in line was incredibly nice. Another group had a few people leave and come back with sandwiches and hot chocolate for everyone.

Someone brought a TV, N64 and a generator and we held an impromptu Mario Kart tournament. Around midnight it got pretty cold for that time of year and several different people went back to their homes and brought back propane heaters.

Just a really nice experience.
---
PSN: RolloTomasi27 Steam: rollotomasi27