This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I joined the glorious PC master race

#11samuraigaidenPosted 8/3/2014 7:58:38 AM(edited)
Team Fortress 2, Path of Exile, Planetside 2, Realm of the Mad God and Dota 2 are a good place to start, since they are free. Also, Loadout, Hawken, Blacklight Retribution and many other free games on PC are actually good.

Also, get an account on GOG.com and download some free games there (especially Beneath the Steel Sky). Same for Battle.net, Origin and Desura. (I'm guessing you already know about Steam, right?)

Among paid games, I'd recommend XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilization 4 (remember buying Civ 5 right now means getting all the expansions separately, so maybe wait for a GOTY edition), Portal 1, CounterStrike Global Offensive (way better than COD for multiplayer), Divinity Original Sin, Kerbal Space Program, Deux Ex (the original, it's old but timeless), Fallout 1 & 2 (same as Deus Ex), Quake 4 (cult classic, the game Doom 3 should have been), FTL, Papers Please and McPixel (greatest game of all time).
#12Puckswack12Posted 8/3/2014 8:18:36 AM
SpazH3d posted...
Look on steam and play anything you like.

Steam is where it all begins nowadays.
Not origin, ironically.

But yea tc just go on steam and go crazy.
---
Yup
#13StormKMDPosted 8/3/2014 9:11:34 AM
Team Fortress 2, CSGO, and Garry's Mod for multiplayer! All three are wonderful games! Plus TF2 is free, so if money is an issue...then get that lol.

I second XCOM, Portal, FTL, etc. These are all great games on PC.

Hitman Blood Money is a great game, if you don't mind something more dated. Check out Torchlight 2 as well, that's a great Diablo-like game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/31/free-steam-key/
You can get a few decent games here, Dino D Day is really the only one worth playing, but still, the more the merrier.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K Phantek PH-TC14PE_BK | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | 1500GBs HDD | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/StormKMD
#14kobalobasileusPosted 8/3/2014 10:00:22 AM
The sweet, sweet irony is that almost everything being recommended ITT is multi-platform or a console port. The razor's edge guts both ways, it seems.
#15SpazH3dPosted 8/3/2014 10:06:10 AM
kobalobasileus posted...
The sweet, sweet irony is that almost everything being recommended ITT is multi-platform or a console port. The razor's edge guts both ways, it seems.

Seeing as anyone that isn't indie makes multiplatform games, it really is no surprise. Devs want to make money. :-o

You don't buy a gaming PC to play exclusives, you buy it to play everything available. Also emulators.
---
- My vision is augmented
#16maybecallsPosted 8/3/2014 10:14:11 AM
Mount and Blade Warband. If you get hooked on that, you can forget about other games for a few months/years.
#17ClashtonnPosted 8/3/2014 10:15:37 AM
A few exclusive must haves (besides the obvious classics)

RPGs:
Shadowrun Returns
Divinity: Original Sin
Mount and Blade: Warband

Strategy:
Xenonauts
Age of Wonders 3
Warlock 2
Crusader Kings 2
Civilization 5: Complete
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes

Shooters:
Planestside 2
Firefall
Loadout
Counterstrike: GO

DOTA 2 (MOBA)
League of Legends (MOBA)
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#18thatfool12GsPosted 8/3/2014 10:18:56 AM
Meter posted...
thatfool12Gs posted...
Aka integrated graphics pc

GTX 770 isn't integrated but ok lol

I can tell you're lying
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#19GoshoraiPosted 8/3/2014 10:31:16 AM
Fairy Bloom Freesia. Weeaboo as heck but it's fun for what it is.
---
"My...you didn't even last a minute." http://i.imgur.com/Qwwo5aG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lln48CZ.jpg
#20BongbuddyPosted 8/3/2014 11:51:31 AM(edited)
Go on Steam. Make a wishlist of every game you want. Wait for them all to go on sale.