This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the X1 controller become the standard like the 360 when it comes to PC ?

#21SinisterSlayPosted 8/3/2014 9:09:24 PM(edited)
I can only hope we move back to directinput and thus start supporting every controller and not just x360 controllers. It was such a huge step backwards moving to xinput. We literally went backwards 30 years of technology when we switched to xinput.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#22SilentHawk29Posted 8/3/2014 9:11:32 PM
I said that a few years ago on this board and people argued with me saying that it was good that we got a single controller format.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#23SinisterSlayPosted 8/3/2014 9:13:44 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
I said that a few years ago on this board and people argued with me saying that it was good that we got a single controller format.

It really pissed me off. If I wanted no options in my control schemes I would play on console.
This is PC, if I want to play a fighting game with my steering wheel and pedals I should be able to.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#24FenriswolfPosted 8/3/2014 9:38:48 PM
Ticking_Death posted...
DS4 master race

LOL no, the DS4 doesn't even support Xinput
---
Hello
#25ClashtonnPosted 8/3/2014 9:51:21 PM
DS4 is great and a HUGE improvement over the DS3.

But the 360 controller is still king.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#26a687947Posted 8/4/2014 12:21:31 AM
already on pc...
#27Mudkip57Posted 8/4/2014 12:39:46 AM
My 360 pad still works, and I already only use it for a few select games. So long as the 360 pad continues to be cheaper, I don't see myself changing over even in the event of a breakdown
#28SetzeraPosted 8/4/2014 2:02:07 AM
I currently use the 360 controller for PC, and I know drivers were already released for the Xbone controller for PC, but I haven't tested those waters, nor do I think I would bother any time soon.

They both use xinput, so it wasn't hard for them to make it work with the new Xbone controllers.

I have tried PS3, and I've been tempted to try PS4 controllers, but they both use dinput, though I don't know which is better, dinput is not native to most games, and so it's a lot more hassle to use.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#29Tyranius2Posted 8/4/2014 2:18:48 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

It really pissed me off. If I wanted no options in my control schemes I would play on console.
This is PC, if I want to play a fighting game with my steering wheel and pedals I should be able to.

Indeed. If I plug in any ****ing mouse on my PC, it works as soon as I plug it in. To be fair, windows does recognize gamepads as soon as you plug them in but the games don't. Lazy developers. I couldn't get my gamepad to run with Darkstalkers and I was told it was my fault for not having a 360 controller. What a joke.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#30KaiserWarriorPosted 8/4/2014 7:31:09 AM
Depends on how lazy and/or incompetent the developers are.

Every PC game these days should at a bare minimum support XInput and DirectInput. Every time I see a game that only supports XInput I rage, hard. I shouldn't have to use special drivers to emulate XInput because a bunch of amateur developers were lazy ***** about their control coding.