This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Building My First Computer - Pleas Help

#11almightydunPosted 8/3/2014 7:04:41 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
I revised your build. Its A LOT more powerful than your previous one. Oh and its also cheaper.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CnfYmG

This looks like a solid build right here. I was assuming due to the lack of a price, that the TC already had the MOBO. If that isn't the case I would recommend this setup as well.
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#12Fade2black001Posted 8/3/2014 7:08:03 PM
almightydun posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
I revised your build. Its A LOT more powerful than your previous one. Oh and its also cheaper.

This looks like a solid build right here. I was assuming due to the lack of a price, that the TC already had the MOBO. If that isn't the case I would recommend this setup as well.

Wait... He had a mobo in his build...
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#13almightydunPosted 8/3/2014 7:09:29 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
almightydun posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

Yeah but I'm not exactly sure how PCpartpicker works. I thought if the item didn't have a price it meant that it was an item you manually entered because you already had it...
---
#14Fade2black001Posted 8/3/2014 7:11:38 PM
almightydun posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
almightydun posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

Yeah but I'm not exactly sure how PCpartpicker works. I thought if the item didn't have a price it meant that it was an item you manually entered because you already had it...

No... The way I see or thought with items like that is that it wasnt part of the list anymore. I had put on HDD on builds before and it had a price for it at the time. Then later it would be blank and if you were to look back to said part it won't be listed anymore
---
#15almightydunPosted 8/3/2014 7:13:59 PM
Yeah I just took a look at the part link and it shows as pricing not available. Well TC if you are still tracking this topic Fade's build is as powerful as you will get for that buck.
---
#16TIGER234(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 7:15:49 PM
Thank you again, good sir! I have no idea how to OC so I'll look into that. Could you please recommend some extra fans to purchase? And you think I should drop the fx-6300 in leu of the fx-8320? Is it worth the price difference?
---
"If you stare into the abyss long enough, the abyss stares back at you."
#17almightydunPosted 8/3/2014 7:15:53 PM
On an unrelated side note, nothing like clicking the CANADA button and watching the price go up $140. Goddamn expensive parts here....
---
#18almightydunPosted 8/3/2014 7:20:00 PM
TIGER234 posted...
Thank you again, good sir! I have no idea how to OC so I'll look into that. Could you please recommend some extra fans to purchase? And you think I should drop the fx-6300 in leu of the fx-8320? Is it worth the price difference?

Well the fans are a huge personal choice really with the LED options and all just make sure whatever you buy has PWM control so your system will regulate the speeds. and buy as many as you have slots for. I found some great budget ones @ canadacomputers for 9 and 12 $ respectively for 120 and 140 mm fans.

I have no real Idea what a good fan is as long as they don't make noise and blow air I couldn't see much difference. The fans I got are also "tool less" as they attach with silicone inserts and they are whisper quiet.

The 6300 is a GREAT budget CPU and will serve you well. Honestly if I didn't get such a good sale price on my 8320 I would have stayed with the 6300 but it was only $20 more for the 8320
---
#19Fade2black001Posted 8/3/2014 7:33:30 PM
almightydun posted...
TIGER234 posted...

Well the fans are a huge personal choice really with the LED options and all just make sure whatever you buy has PWM control so your system will regulate the speeds. and buy as many as you have slots for. I found some great budget ones @ canadacomputers for 9 and 12 $ respectively for 120 and 140 mm fans.

I have no real Idea what a good fan is as long as they don't make noise and blow air I couldn't see much difference. The fans I got are also "tool less" as they attach with silicone inserts and they are whisper quiet.

The 6300 is a GREAT budget CPU and will serve you well. Honestly if I didn't get such a good sale price on my 8320 I would have stayed with the 6300 but it was only $20 more for the 8320

I have my systems fans on 100% all the time... Just so things can be kept cool. If TC lives in a area where its hot all the time (like a desert). Then you would want extra fans automatically.
---
#20phantasyPosted 8/3/2014 7:34:56 PM
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mhbNxr

a lil bit more expensive than yours but with 8350 cpu and with a gtx 770. For keyboard and mouse just get that cheap logitech mk110 combo for like $15. It will hold you over till you get something more nicer.

or you can drop the gtx 770 and go with a r9 280 and use the left over for an ssd.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]