This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Building My First Computer - Pleas Help

#21almightydunPosted 8/3/2014 8:37:04 PM
phantasy posted...
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mhbNxr

a lil bit more expensive than yours but with 8350 cpu and with a gtx 770. For keyboard and mouse just get that cheap logitech mk110 combo for like $15. It will hold you over till you get something more nicer.

or you can drop the gtx 770 and go with a r9 280 and use the left over for an ssd.

And $848 goes up to $1053 for canada!!! I swear my next build I'm driving across the border and buying my rig in the US of A
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#22Fade2black001Posted 8/3/2014 8:38:14 PM
phantasy posted...

a lil bit more expensive than yours but with 8350 cpu and with a gtx 770. For keyboard and mouse just get that cheap logitech mk110 combo for like $15. It will hold you over till you get something more nicer.

or you can drop the gtx 770 and go with a r9 280 and use the left over for an ssd.

My build is still better... Even though the your GPU is much better than a 270 but still. Also an 8350 is a waste of money. Save yourself like 40 bucks and get the 8320 one instead.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#23phantasyPosted 8/3/2014 8:39:30 PM
i know your setup is solid but from the look of things seems like he already have a board in place already so I just went with amd.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#24Fade2black001Posted 8/3/2014 8:42:17 PM
phantasy posted...
i know your setup is solid but from the look of things seems like he already have a board in place already so I just went with amd.

How did you get that impression that he already had a board?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#25phantasyPosted 8/3/2014 8:53:47 PM(edited)
Fade2black001 posted...
phantasy posted...

How did you get that impression that he already had a board?

the parts list he linked to, the board didn't have a price on it.

Guess I should learn not to skim through posts so fast. My bad, also playing a game at same time don't help either.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#26almightydunPosted 8/3/2014 8:51:06 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
phantasy posted...

My build is still better... Even though the your GPU is much better than a 270 but still. Also an 8350 is a waste of money. Save yourself like 40 bucks and get the 8320 one instead.

Yeah the i5 seems to be the standard for gaming. If I had a time machine I would probably go back and build your setup to be honest. BUT no use crying over spilled milk and this build I have is doing way more than I need in terms of power anyway. Maybe in a few months when my wifes business starts picking up I'll send her this one and build a beastly rig.

On a real budget tho I don't see any issues with a 6300 , 270x and m5a97 for power to price it's damn solid!
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#27TIGER234(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 9:26:44 PM
Thank you all very much for your help. I'll take a bit of everyone's advice and apply it to the PC.
---
"If you stare into the abyss long enough, the abyss stares back at you."