This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't install windows on my SSD

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't install windows on my SSD
2 years ago#1
Hello everyone:
I recently got a ssd for my old laptop and want to give my laptop some new life.
When I tried to install windows it gives me an error saying "setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the Setup log files for more information."
I know it can install on my desktop just not my laptop.
Is there a way I can get this setup log files as I am running this off the dvd. :/
Also I was able to boot off this ssd before hand so I am not sure what is wrong.
Any help would be great.

I was thinking of running the install off my desktop and finish the install on my laptop as an option.
God my grammer sucks some goes for my spelling
3ds FC 2836-0822-9564
2 years ago#2
did you format the drive and attempt to create a new partition?

if not, that's what you need to do.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
2 years ago#3
tried that and also it appears that it doesn't want to work on my desktop. did a different idea and ghost an old laptop drive and ghost it on to this one. Worked so far. Not sure why it doesn't like my intel SSD
God my grammer sucks some goes for my spelling
3ds FC 2836-0822-9564
2 years ago#4
I actually have the same issue with one of my intel ssds, oddly enough i was able to install a fresh copy of xp on it but whenever i tried to reinstall windows 7 or 8 it'd just error out.
Where's your passion fight like you mean it! "Hilde - Soul Calibur V"
2 years ago#5
If the SSD doesn't want to work with your laptop or with your desktop, I would think the SSD is faulty.

Unless both are very old and have an non compatible version of SATA.
Mystery is the source of all true science.
2 years ago#6
We need more detail, what is the model of your laptop? What operating system are you trying to install?
i7 3770K | Asus Maximus V Gene | 16GB Gskill | Asus 660ti | Seasonic 500W
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't install windows on my SSD

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived