This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was given a "Watchdogs" code....any tweaking tips?

#11Soulesskiller21Posted 8/3/2014 5:11:57 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
WyzeGye posted...
you just hate fun in general... it's a fun game, i just assumed....

You're confusing him with jake.

from statefarm?

Sorry couldn't resist the urge
---
Current Comp: I7 4770k@3.5GHz | Asus Z87 Sabertooth Mobo | 16GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 Ram | Nvidia GTX 770 | Win 7 Ultimate
#12TheBorderColliePosted 8/3/2014 5:47:48 PM
kingoffps posted...
*fires gun into the air*

Now. Everyone's going to sit down, and discuss Watch Dogs in a civil manner,

I recommend going with an overall preset like High and just see if you can deal with it. You will probably get stuttering no matter what you play at. I found High to be a decent tradeoff.

^^ This.

The difference between Ultra and High is rather negligible in this game. So just set it to "High" and have fun.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#13WyzeGyePosted 8/3/2014 5:49:41 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
WyzeGye posted...
you just hate fun in general... it's a fun game, i just assumed....

You're confusing him with jake.

Yeah... I totally am
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#14JKatarn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 11:03:06 AM
kingoffps posted...
*fires gun into the air*

Now. Everyone's going to sit down, and discuss Watch Dogs in a civil manner,

I recommend going with an overall preset like High and just see if you can deal with it. You will probably get stuttering no matter what you play at. I found High to be a decent tradeoff.

Yeah, I left the game at the all high "preset" which is what it auto-detected for my setup, though for some reason the game defaulted to 1600x900 resolution instead of my native 1080p. I tried to bump the AA up to 2x MSAA and saw horrible lag/slowdown, so keeping it on Temporal AA. The game so far has been playable but I've seen some nasty lag in certain situations/places (usually when around a few light sources), and have actually had the game seize up for a moment or two if I rotated the camera too fast. It seems to be running at 20-30 FPS from the general responsiveness of the game (haven't used FRAPS etc. so I can't give a specific number). It tends to be stuttery when running and fairly stuttery when driving. Game generally does look nice (environmental details like puddles, plants are well done), it's a shame that the performance is so inconsistent. Seems like a fun game so far though.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#15JKatarn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 11:05:32 AM
johnny_pay posted...
set everything to high and use fxaa and you should be fine. if you need to turn things down, start with shadows.

I would use FXAA but I find in many instances that tends to blur out texture detail, and the game is jaggy enough as it is at 1080p with temporal AA, probably would give me a bit more performance though. Thanks.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES