This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sound on my computer isn't working after installing boot camp

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sound on my computer isn't working after installing boot camp
1 year ago#11
Boot Camp is a driver package to run Windows on a Mac
https://www.apple.com/ca/support/bootcamp/
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs
1 year ago#12
This topic 10/10
---
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|
1 year ago#13
jamieyello3 posted...
Dragnfyr posted...
Boot Camp is for Macs. Why are you installing it on a non-Apple computer?

Why would it even start up on a windows if it was for a mac?

Because it's a piece of software you INSTALL on a MAC that ALLOWS YOU TO RUN WINDOWS ON SAID MAC. I don't know if you're incredibly dense, or just trolling.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
1 year ago#14
JKatarn posted...
jamieyello3 posted...
Dragnfyr posted...
Boot Camp is for Macs. Why are you installing it on a non-Apple computer?

Why would it even start up on a windows if it was for a mac?

Because it's a piece of software you INSTALL on a MAC that ALLOWS YOU TO RUN WINDOWS ON SAID MAC. I don't know if you're incredibly dense, or just trolling.

Well I must have been dense because I didn't know what I was doing band installed it the wrong way, now I'm just frustrated. I guess I have to reinstall windows.
1 year ago#15
Still, you'd think I'd get an error message because the program should have checked my OS before going through with it, but I guess that's what I get for not paying attention to what I was doing. <_<
1 year ago#16
jamieyello3 posted...
Still, you'd think I'd get an error message because the program should have checked my OS before going through with it, but I guess that's what I get for not paying attention to what I was doing. <_<

Your OS is not a problem. You were installing it in Windows which is what it was meant to be installed on.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs
1 year ago#17
Dragnfyr posted...
Your OS is not a problem. You were installing it in Windows which is what it was meant to be installed on.

But that contradicts this

JKatarn posted...
1 year ago#18
Why did you try to install bootcamp on a Windows PC?
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
1 year ago#19
reincarnator07 posted...
Why did you try to install bootcamp on a Windows PC?

Wanted garageband, because all windows audio programs are very mediocre, which ironically took away my audio all together.
1 year ago#20
Wait, so you installed Bootcamp on a Windows PC hoping you could dual boot OSX on it? Is that correct?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sound on my computer isn't working after installing boot camp

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived