This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sound on my computer isn't working after installing boot camp

#21SilentHawk29Posted 8/4/2014 1:51:35 PM
That doesn't answer the question. What did you want boot camp for? Are you trying to run OSX? You need to build a hackintosh or buy a Mac for that.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#22jamieyello3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 1:51:41 PM
OreoBoy206 posted...
Wait, so you installed Bootcamp on a Windows PC hoping you could dual boot OSX on it? Is that correct?

Yes.
#23OreoBoy206Posted 8/4/2014 2:00:30 PM
jamieyello3 posted...
OreoBoy206 posted...
Wait, so you installed Bootcamp on a Windows PC hoping you could dual boot OSX on it? Is that correct?

Yes.

Unfortunately Apples Mac business would probably completely flop if that was possible. Who would want to buy a Mac if you can get the same exact experience on a cheaper Windows based PC? The only reason would be for the aesthetics of their hardware if that was the case..
#24chase1234lifePosted 8/4/2014 2:31:54 PM
jamieyello3 posted...
reincarnator07 posted...
Why did you try to install bootcamp on a Windows PC?

Wanted garageband, because all windows audio programs are very mediocre, which ironically took away my audio all together.

Ableton Live
Fruity Loops
Renoise
Reaper

All of which IIRC have either cheaper/demo versions than the full package.

Then you have Cubase, Cakewalk, Protools, Sony Acid, and a whole list of others.

All of which provide more functionality, and are better than Garageband, and all on PC.

Plus, if you're not doing anything that needs to be programmed, and are just recording live and piecing the audio together on a computer, you can use the completely free Audacity.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/chasewolf
J.O.B. Squad 4 life
#25DragnfyrPosted 8/4/2014 2:43:09 PM(edited)
jamieyello3 posted...
But that contradicts this

No. Boot Camp is supposed to run on Windows but only Windows running on a Mac. If Boot Camp added an OS check (and I bet it already has one) that would not prevent you from installing it on your laptop because your laptop is also running Windows.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs
#26DragnfyrPosted 8/4/2014 2:42:35 PM
OreoBoy206 posted...
Unfortunately Apples Mac business would probably completely flop if that was possible. Who would want to buy a Mac if you can get the same exact experience on a cheaper Windows based PC? The only reason would be for the aesthetics of their hardware if that was the case..

The build quality, trackpad, battery life, weight, thinness, etc. of MacBook cannot be matched by a cheaper Windows based laptop. There are some good non-Apple laptops that can come very close but they cost the same or more than a MacBook.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs
#27Orestes417Posted 8/4/2014 2:48:49 PM
Dragnfyr posted...
OreoBoy206 posted...

The build quality, trackpad, battery life, weight, thinness, etc. of MacBook cannot be matched by a cheaper Windows based laptop. There are some good non-Apple laptops that can come very close but they cost the same or more than a MacBook.

It could be matched, but typically isn't. Even if it was the end to end experience would be subpar.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#28OreoBoy206Posted 8/4/2014 7:26:37 PM
Dragnfyr posted...
OreoBoy206 posted...

True, I forgot about those aspects of Apple hardware.. Still, if any Windows PC could dual boot OSX with bootcamp it would take a huge chunk out of Mac sales IMO..
#29DragnfyrPosted 8/4/2014 8:13:37 PM
OreoBoy206 posted...
Dragnfyr posted...
OreoBoy206 posted...

True, I forgot about those aspects of Apple hardware.. Still, if any Windows PC could dual boot OSX with bootcamp it would take a huge chunk out of Mac sales IMO..

I doubt. A huge part of OS X is the vertical integration and you would lose all of that if you could install it on a non-Mac.
---
#30OreoBoy206Posted 8/4/2014 9:11:31 PM(edited)
Dragnfyr posted...
OreoBoy206 posted...
Dragnfyr posted...
OreoBoy206 posted...

I doubt. A huge part of OS X is the vertical integration and you would lose all of that if you could install it on a non-Mac.

How exactly would losing vertical integration affect the Windows PC user dual booting OSX? Wouldn't OSX on a Windows PC function just like it would on MAC if it was possible or am I just missing something. I'm not saying you're wrong or I'm right but just curious how this would effect anything, other than Apple not having tight control over the hardware that OSX can run on and them not being able to give customer service to Windows users dual booting OSX.