This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fallout New Vegas is the most overrated game I've ever played

#11dunebeetlePosted 8/3/2014 6:13:56 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/68270278
---
http://vimeo.com/22145707#
#12WygunPosted 8/3/2014 6:16:51 PM
Bethesda is awful with animations. Youre better off playing in first person.

As for running in random directions, the game puts extremely powerful monsters in places youre not supposed to go early in the game, thus forcing you to follow a more or less linear path. Its not as free as fallout 3 or skryim in that regard. You have to follow the story until youre strong enough to beat the more dangerous enemies. But to compensate, you raise levels extremely fast in new vegas .
#13IntegnosPosted 8/3/2014 6:44:29 PM
Wygun posted...
As for running in random directions, the game puts extremely powerful monsters in places youre not supposed to go early in the game, thus forcing you to follow a more or less linear path. Its not as free as fallout 3 or skryim in that regard. You have to follow the story until youre strong enough to beat the more dangerous enemies. But to compensate, you raise levels extremely fast in new vegas .

Not quite. You can travel north through Death Claw territory and into New Vegas from the very beginning of the game. Just stay far away from the Death Claws and sneak around them.

Anyways, in regards to the topic at hand, I think its an overrated game. But I think any game built on Bethesda's gameplay is an overrated game. So...
#14RaikouenPosted 8/3/2014 6:47:00 PM
New Vegas was terrible IMO. Fallout 3 had an awesome setting, interesting story from start to finish, likable characters, and many unique towns. New Vegas changed this to make a story that arcs too many times too quickly with characters that you know entirely don't matter in a setting that had potential but failed to deliver.

Still, most overrated game I've played goes to GTA5. Overall mediocre at best and it's regarded as among the best games of all time? My brain cannot function how this happens...
#15Dark_SpiretPosted 8/3/2014 6:49:30 PM
play more games. Even if you dont like it theres far far more games with more hype behind them with even worse gameplay and depth out there and NV.
---
Currently playing: Divinity Original Sin - Divine Divinity - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
#16yarsPosted 8/3/2014 7:06:53 PM
Delta_F14 posted...
If you're playing vanilla FONV, then stop and install some mods.
Nearly all Bethesda games are crap without mods.

fortunately, new vegas is an obsidian game, which is why it's good.
---
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.
#17RaikouenPosted 8/3/2014 7:14:45 PM
yars posted...
Delta_F14 posted...

Except their games have been generally regarded as being mediocre or worse. Look at their track history:

KOTOR II, often regarded as a huge step down from the original.

Alpha Protocol, always been hated on.

Dungeon Siege III, I can't recall hearing a single good thing about this game.

In fact, aside from South Park and, to a lesser extent, New Vegas, their games have been considered crap generally. South Park's excuse is that it had such a long development time and the guys who make the show did most of the major work for the game, from graphic designs to story writing.
#18ggf162Posted 8/3/2014 7:33:01 PM
Raikouen posted...
yars posted...
Delta_F14 posted...

Except their games have been generally regarded as being mediocre or worse. Look at their track history:

KOTOR II, often regarded as a huge step down from the original.

Alpha Protocol, always been hated on.

Dungeon Siege III, I can't recall hearing a single good thing about this game.

In fact, aside from South Park and, to a lesser extent, New Vegas, their games have been considered crap generally. South Park's excuse is that it had such a long development time and the guys who make the show did most of the major work for the game, from graphic designs to story writing.

Haven't played KOTOR 2, Alpha Protocol gets plenty of love and you're completely forgetting about Neverwinter Nights 2. I must agree with you about Dungeon Keeper 3 though.
---
The constructive use of riches is better than their possession.
#19HighOnPhazonPosted 8/3/2014 7:57:33 PM
jessica73 posted...
playing Fallout in third person
lmao

Fallout 1 and 2 weren't played in First Person
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#20wentzelotPosted 8/3/2014 8:21:38 PM
obsidian games in general are overrated. especially on this board