This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Arma 3 - Low FPS, but not using all it's resources

#21thatfool12GsPosted 8/4/2014 6:37:19 PM(edited)
It's just the crappy online connection you get on certain servers.

Trust me, it's not a bottleneck, pc settings, hardware. On certain servers I frequent, I get around 50 FPS with drops to the lowest at 40 when hell breaks loose.

Keep in mind, you're running at 1440p, and I'm not sure of the settings you're trying to run. Of course two 780's and a 4930k should have no problem pushing the game.

Do not try and push the view distance if you want great performance. I find the sweet spot at 4k draw distance, and around 2800 for object distance.

Also, make sure you are messing with the server settings, vs the in game settings as they don't make a difference when in multi.

Let me know if you need any more help.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#22BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 10:08:37 PM
Okay, so it does appear to have been the servers that I was joining. I joined a server this morning before work and was getting 60+ FPS even during large battles. The only weird thing to me is, I joined 2 vanilla servers last night and was lagging. Joined another vanilla server this morning and it was fine. No clue why that happens.

I should note that the servers I joined last night, even when I switched it down to 1080p, I was getting that same issue.

Thanks for the help though, guys.

And Dark, I found it pretty neat that it was using 55% of my CPU. Don't really see that that often.
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#23thatfool12GsPosted 8/6/2014 2:56:11 PM
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
Okay, so it does appear to have been the servers that I was joining. I joined a server this morning before work and was getting 60+ FPS even during large battles. The only weird thing to me is, I joined 2 vanilla servers last night and was lagging. Joined another vanilla server this morning and it was fine. No clue why that happens.

I should note that the servers I joined last night, even when I switched it down to 1080p, I was getting that same issue.

And Dark, I found it pretty neat that it was using 55% of my CPU. Don't really see that that often.

Also, sometimes with larger player count, people on the opposite side of the world join with their 250+ ping and screw things up. Sometimes servers need to be reset too. When you find a decent server, favorite it.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#24thatfool12GsPosted 8/6/2014 2:56:45 PM
thatfool12Gs posted...
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...

Also, sometimes with larger player count, you start to see lag, and people on the opposite side of the world join with their 250+ ping and screw things up too. Sometimes servers need to be reset too. When you find a decent server, favorite it.

---
#25JKatarnPosted 8/6/2014 4:32:18 PM
RoboXgp89 posted...
minecraft runs better

Provided you have a solid quad core with a decent video card, you can easily get over 80-100FPS average with vanilla Minecraft + a texture pack. Now if you're using some shader pack + 100 mods, of course it's going to bog down. You can't compare the two games.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES