This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I seem to be better with controller than K+M!? Isn't that weird?

#31_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/5/2014 1:31:15 AM
This might very well be the case, but as you improve with the mouse and keyboard you will soon reach that point where you will simply outperform the controller.

You can be much more accurate using your hand and entire arm to aim with the mouse than you can be with just your thumb pushing an analog stick in various directions. Additionally, you will be much faster. You can aim as fast as you can swipe the mouse. With an analog stick, it works different. You have to push it in a direction than wait for the cursor to reach the desired point on the screen. With a mouse, though muscle memory, you can more or less instantly get to that spot.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | Kingston V300 120 GB | Corsair VX550 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 300r | AKG k550 | Matias Mini Quiet Pro | Zowie EC1 Evo White
#32The cranky hermitPosted 8/5/2014 5:15:02 AM
Lol, there is no such thing.

Maybe not in slow-paced console-oriented shooters where you have plenty of time to move the reticule to your targets and you have aim assist too. But play even something like the original Unreal Tournament, and such things happen pretty much constantly. You do not have as much dexterity in your thumb than I have in my wrist. And the really good players turn sensitivity way down and use their entire arms.
---
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
#33SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/5/2014 6:57:31 AM
UT had massive hitboxes, to the point where "precision" shots would have been near misses in most other games.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#34LoshadtPosted 8/5/2014 8:29:17 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
UT had massive hitboxes, to the point where "precision" shots would have been near misses in most other games.

Because otherwise you'd never hit anything at those speeds. Precision is one thing but it can't make up for human limitations and reflexes.
---
Scientifically proven.
#35U1gitarooman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 10:26:40 AM
I think we've already determined that the reason I was able to be awesome with the controller in TF was because of the aim assist.

That being said, I think many of you guys didn't read my history. Some of you are saying "just keep using a mouse and soon you'll be able to aim better!" but you're ignoring the 8 years of playing...
---
Listen to me. I'm a sage!
#36SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/5/2014 10:38:43 AM
Loshadt posted...
Sinfullyvannila posted...

Because otherwise you'd never hit anything at those speeds. Precision is one thing but it can't make up for human limitations and reflexes.

No argument there.
---
#37The cranky hermitPosted 8/5/2014 4:51:22 PM

Aside the point. They're not so massive that you'd be able to pull off serial headshots on moving targets with a thumbstick.
---
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
#38SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/5/2014 6:31:45 PM
That's very much in the realm of possibility.

Granted, it's MUCH easier on a mouse.
---
#39Wyand_VoidbringPosted 8/5/2014 7:41:07 PM
Titanfall is a good casual shooter for a bit of fun here and there.
My friend also plays with a controller, and he tops score boards majority of the time.

Sure you won't reach the max potential, but that doesn't matter unless you're playing competitively.
#40Chosen_one_41Posted 8/5/2014 7:47:13 PM
Personally I don't believe in a "skill cap" for the controller over the mouse. If you like using a controller than just keep on using it.
---
www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
I'm not a real gamer, I actually enjoy playing games