This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that are generally unknown that you love dearly.

#221blackhrtPosted 8/5/2014 8:40:46 AM
Guilty Gear
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#222KillerTrufflePosted 8/5/2014 8:49:53 AM
Kageblade23 posted...
pshycic force 2012 sort of a fighting stylized game its actually quite similar to acceleration sugiri if youve ever tried that

I actually do remember Psychic Force 2012. It was a pretty entertaining game. I remember preferring to play the old monk dude with the beads.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#223KillerTrufflePosted 8/5/2014 8:55:19 AM
wanderz posted...
Stars!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stars!

one of the best strategy games ever made... and yet the entire game is less then 2 MB, released in 1995.
sadly it doesn't run on 64 bit windows, you can run it thru dosbox but it looks horrible, and if i remember right doesn't full screen.

Boy do I miss that game. Heck, I remember even in the early 2000's looking for that game again and couldn't find *anywhere* to get it. A friend of mine had it in the 90's, which is when I played it, and it was pretty cool. someone should re-code that game to run in modern Windows and re-release it. I do miss that game.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#224JaghavePosted 8/5/2014 11:58:41 AM
truekain posted...
Ar Tonelico 2, it's a game that cured my gaming identity crisis and restored my love of JRPGs.

It also has, in my humble opinion, the best soundtrack ever in any media, movies included.

Agree that sound track is amazing
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 780TI | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.backloggery.com/jaghave
I fought the law and the law lost
#225Edavy89Posted 8/5/2014 12:01:47 PM
Oh, i almost forgot, and it's not at all "unknown", but how can we not throw some love out for... THE LEMMINGS!
#226Anrui_Posted 8/5/2014 12:02:16 PM(edited)
Faselei!

Really fun game that nobody knows about.
---
---
1.0: http://i.imgur.com/tP5HsE3.png
ARR: http://i.imgur.com/D4ArLDE.png
#227r0ge00Posted 8/5/2014 1:48:38 PM
Just a few that I can think of offhand:

Kartia (PSX) -- This has been mentioned a few times, but I remember it being one of the more fun tactical RPGs I played on PSX.

Vandal Hearts (PSX) -- Another tactical RPG that was a great experience at the time. I have the second game but I haven't played it yet. Maybe one of these days.

SaGa Frontier (PSX) -- This seems to be a hit or miss game and I don't think it's flawless by any stretch, but I had a lot of fun playing it despite having access to plenty of other games. I have the sequel but I wasn't a huge fan. The art style was great, but the battles system was something awful.

Brave Fencer Musashi (PSX) -- An often overlooked action RPG from Squaresoft. Bonus points for coming with the FF8 demo.

Legend of Legaia (PSX) -- While not amazing, it's certainly worth playing if you like older JRPGs. The combat was a bit different from the standard fare at the time.

Shadow Hearts series (PS2) -- These were some of the best RPGs I played on PS2. If you haven't played them, you should try them out. The last game wasn't the best, but it was still a pretty solid game.

Dark Cloud 2 (PS2) -- Ok, this one isn't that unknown, but it hardly gets enough hype. The town building, the crafting, the robot building...everything in this game is pretty awesome.
#228Bane766Posted 8/5/2014 5:08:02 PM
r0ge00 posted...
Just a few that I can think of offhand:

Kartia (PSX) -- This has been mentioned a few times, but I remember it being one of the more fun tactical RPGs I played on PSX.

Vandal Hearts (PSX) -- Another tactical RPG that was a great experience at the time. I have the second game but I haven't played it yet. Maybe one of these days.

SaGa Frontier (PSX) -- This seems to be a hit or miss game and I don't think it's flawless by any stretch, but I had a lot of fun playing it despite having access to plenty of other games. I have the sequel but I wasn't a huge fan. The art style was great, but the battles system was something awful.

Brave Fencer Musashi (PSX) -- An often overlooked action RPG from Squaresoft. Bonus points for coming with the FF8 demo.

Legend of Legaia (PSX) -- While not amazing, it's certainly worth playing if you like older JRPGs. The combat was a bit different from the standard fare at the time.

Shadow Hearts series (PS2) -- These were some of the best RPGs I played on PS2. If you haven't played them, you should try them out. The last game wasn't the best, but it was still a pretty solid game.

Dark Cloud 2 (PS2) -- Ok, this one isn't that unknown, but it hardly gets enough hype. The town building, the crafting, the robot building...everything in this game is pretty awesome.

These are all great games. I wasn't a fan of the SaGa games-after the first, but the rest are very good.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort
#229mika_945Posted 8/5/2014 9:08:29 PM(edited)
PC: Titan Quest IT and Magicka
PS1: Bushido Blade, Panzer Bandit and Tomarunner
PS2: Radiata Stories
#230Bearacudda98Posted 8/7/2014 9:15:06 PM
Destroy All Humans!!! on Xbox and 360
---
Official Canadian Of GameFAQs's............................EH!