This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that are generally unknown that you love dearly.

#231wanderer1992Posted 8/7/2014 9:16:25 PM
The legend of heroes series it is very story driven which is something more RPGs need.
#232supermegabloxPosted 8/8/2014 12:22:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#233KillerTrufflePosted 8/8/2014 12:25:50 PM
supermegablox posted...
spoilers dude :/ i was playing through it

And yet you quoted him without deleting or warning about the spoilers yourself, further spreading the spoiler. :P
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#234MyzeryPosted 8/11/2014 2:16:33 PM(edited)
Drakkhen and especially its sequel Dragon View on SNES
---
If you kill a man, you're a murderer. If you kill many, you're a conqueror. If you kill them all, you're a god.
#235DarkLagunaPosted 8/12/2014 8:59:02 AM
Bane766 posted...
r0ge00 posted...
Just a few that I can think of offhand:

Kartia (PSX) -- This has been mentioned a few times, but I remember it being one of the more fun tactical RPGs I played on PSX.

Vandal Hearts (PSX) -- Another tactical RPG that was a great experience at the time. I have the second game but I haven't played it yet. Maybe one of these days.

SaGa Frontier (PSX) -- This seems to be a hit or miss game and I don't think it's flawless by any stretch, but I had a lot of fun playing it despite having access to plenty of other games. I have the sequel but I wasn't a huge fan. The art style was great, but the battles system was something awful.

Brave Fencer Musashi (PSX) -- An often overlooked action RPG from Squaresoft. Bonus points for coming with the FF8 demo.

Legend of Legaia (PSX) -- While not amazing, it's certainly worth playing if you like older JRPGs. The combat was a bit different from the standard fare at the time.

Shadow Hearts series (PS2) -- These were some of the best RPGs I played on PS2. If you haven't played them, you should try them out. The last game wasn't the best, but it was still a pretty solid game.

Dark Cloud 2 (PS2) -- Ok, this one isn't that unknown, but it hardly gets enough hype. The town building, the crafting, the robot building...everything in this game is pretty awesome.

These are all great games. I wasn't a fan of the SaGa games-after the first, but the rest are very good.

I loved most of the SaGa series, even the Gameboy ones. SaGa Frontier 2 is probably my favorite of the bunch, because it actually has a decent story and good characters to go along with the usual battle system (though that does mean it's pretty light on the non-linearity you get with other games in the series).

A game that I enjoyed back in the day, and hasn't been recommended yet, is Ehrgeiz for PSX. It was a generic 3D fighting game, but it had a bunch of characters from Final Fantasy 7 in it (Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, Vincent, Zack, Yuffie, maybe more that I missed). It also featured a dungeon crawler/ARPG side game that was also pretty lackluster, but it had a bunch of Final Fantasy weapons and items to collect.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#236Renraku_SanPosted 8/12/2014 10:26:43 AM
Call of Duty: Black Ops
---
"Free the herb, heal the nation, heal the sick." -Black Uhuru