This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that are generally unknown that you love dearly.

#31GynthaeresPosted 8/4/2014 1:44:00 PM
Startopia is the game I always mention in these topics.

People loved Dungeon Keeper, but so few people ever played Startopia. It was like Dungeon Keeper... in space!
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#32GiantOrangePosted 8/4/2014 1:50:21 PM
Easily Seven Kingdoms Ancient Adversaries and Seven Kingdoms 2.
---
Eli = Elite. Super Bowl XLVI Champs. Eat a bag of ****s.
Go Syracuse! Go Red Wings! Go NY Giants!
#33codyorrPosted 8/4/2014 1:52:49 PM
Rizzman111 posted...
ghstbstr posted...
codyorr posted...
Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green. A nice slow zombie game that values ammunition.

I wish that game was on Steam, because I would like to play it.
---

Me too

Heh. If I had an account where I could upload a photo, I'd show you the box. It's a 2 disc set (just dug them out of my CD spindle for games that came in paper cases.) The best part is the tiny body bag zombie killing. I'm going to attempt to install it on this version of Windows 7. It worked on generic Windows 7 on my old PC.

On topic- Redneck Rampage.
#34MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/4/2014 1:54:02 PM
Danzorz88 posted...
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Shadow of Rome (PS2)

This! One of my favorite games! Such fond memories of maiming people.

Good to see someone else other than myself has played the game, at least on the gamefaqs PC board.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#35arleasPosted 8/4/2014 1:59:02 PM
PS1: Carnage Heart
C64: Legacy of the Ancients (and/or Questron)
Atari 5200: Star Raiders (not really unknown but few people would know it today unless you were born before 1980)
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#36btaylorstlPosted 8/4/2014 2:09:10 PM
Cook, Serve, Delicious.

I never would have even heard of the game if I didn't listen to the Giant Bombcast, and it makes me wonder how many other fantastic little indies are out there that just never get any exposure.
---
This signature will not change until the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. Started: 10/29/11
#37Bane766Posted 8/4/2014 2:11:13 PM
Destiny of an Emperor is one of my fav games of all time. It was an obscure NES game. I still play it every now and then.

Also like Secret of Evermore and and bunch of other SNES rpg's that weren't FF. The Shining Force series is fantastic as well and under appreciated, IMO.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort
#38rainedownPosted 8/4/2014 2:14:46 PM
You stole my topic idea that I stole from that other guy that stole it from that...*runs out of breath *

...Gotham City Impostors is the most fun FPS I've played in nearly a decade, I love it so much I have about 1000 hours between xbl, ps3, and PC (and bought it on all three lol). It reminds me of...

Time splitters 2. Just insane fun with so much customization it rarely felt like the same game twice. I wish they'd make a sequel with the same general gameplay and concept as this game.

Gemstone IV. Its a text based online game from...like...the 80s maybe? That friends of mine and I played in the late 90s and early 2000s. You could do almost anything in it, and there were mechanics that made each class desirable outside of combat (clerics and empaths could rez/heal the dead, rogues picked your boxes for you, mages/sorcerers/rangers cast group buffs that would last for hours even when the group disbanded, etc).

It also started the rested experience concept to a certain degree, by making you fill up your mind (like an experience pool that slowly ticked into being permanent) and then hanging out in town would make it actually sink in faster. It was the most social MMO I've ever played, and I wish newer ones could capture that. I even go back and play over the winter about every other year, even though it's just a text game lol.
#39chandl34Posted 8/4/2014 2:20:19 PM(edited)
arleas posted...
PS1: Carnage Heart

This is the game that got me into my programming career. I love writing AI.

I still keep my old save game. I had one really sweet mech walker design that was so dominant, it lasted me through all the campaigns. The mechs all communicated to keep separate and slowly push towards the back of the map. Some campaigns, one group could finish the whole map without any losses.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#40Dying_PheonixPosted 8/4/2014 2:19:08 PM
Little big adventure.

A lovely adventure game with so much character and amazing soundtrack