This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I live in a big city, what good are WiMax ISP plans for?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If I live in a big city, what good are WiMax ISP plans for?

User Info: WingMirror

WingMirror
2 years ago#1
ClearWire offers WiMax plans for home starting at $39.99 a month for 1.5 Mbps download and $54.99 a month for 6 Mbps download. These are home services only, so you only get a modem, not a wireless hot spot. Since they were bought by Sprint, these plans don't seem to exist anymore but previous customers still get the service.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4804-clearwire-unlimtedunthrottled-4999-vs-5499-new-vs-existing/

So my question is, how do their WiMax plans compete with such low speeds when other ISPs like AT&T and Comcast exist? These plans are for Chicago.
"watched PA4 with my GF. it literally scared the crap out of her." ~captstcloud

User Info: MaxCHEATER64

MaxCHEATER64
2 years ago#2
Dunno where you live but I'd kill for 6 Mbps at that price. I'm paying that much and only getting 3.8.
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
(message deleted)

WingMirror
2 years ago#4
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
Dunno where you live but I'd kill for 6 Mbps at that price. I'm paying that much and only getting 3.8.

I actually live in the Chicago area. Those plans don't seem to make sense for a crowded metropolitan area like this one.

User Info: Lvthn

Lvthn
2 years ago#5
Casual users who don't use much bandwidth and have never thought to switch carriers.

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
2 years ago#6
out here they are for non urban areas
^ this

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
2 years ago#7
Jeez I live near NYC and get 100Mbps down/75 up for $39.99 a month.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 117

User Info: SneakiestNeg

SneakiestNeg
2 years ago#8
Wow a BD rip would take days.

WingMirror
2 years ago#9
Lvthn posted...
Casual users who don't use much bandwidth and have never thought to switch carriers.

Them causal users must be damn lazy, because just about everyone knows who AT&T and Comcast are.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If I live in a big city, what good are WiMax ISP plans for?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived