This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2d side scrolling mmos?

#1DetectivPenguinPosted 8/4/2014 1:12:11 PM
I know of maplestory and La Tales. I've only played maplestory (of those 2) I recently went back to maplestory and it was not remotely how I remembered it. When I last played you started in a forest as a character without a class, you chose your class as you leveled up. Now its like you choose a character and that character is your class and each character starts in its own story area. Just didn't grab me like it did way back when.

So how is this La Tales game? And is there any other 2d side scroller sort of "beat em up" style mmos out there that are any good?

(also interested in any other f2p mmos that are underrated)
---
Now you can see the importance of time!
It helps us make pizzer and keep things in line.
#2verycornyPosted 8/4/2014 1:14:21 PM
Grand Chase is pretty good, but is more of a PvP game.
---
PSN/Steam - verycorny
3DS Friend Code - 0001-3307-3720
#3YuniuninuniunPosted 8/4/2014 1:17:55 PM
Maplestory
La Tale
Wonderking(in redevelopment)
Grand Chase
Elsword
Soul Saver Online

None are good at all, I'd avoid all of them
---
Friendly reminder to never play a game published by PWE (Perfect World Entertainment)
#4DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 1:43:37 PM
Any thoughts on dragonica?
---
#5ShinkodenPosted 8/4/2014 2:26:48 PM
And is there any other 2d side scroller sort of "beat em up" style mmos out there that are any good?

Yes! Dungeon Fighter Online fits this exactly. It unfortunately went under while Nexon America had it, but now is run by Neople. DFO was recently in Alpha and got a strong response from the community to bring it back. Hopefully, in a couple months it will be back up and ready to play.

Website for the game:
http://dnf.neople.com/

Check out some videos on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqKAYR5bChU
#6DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 10:02:20 PM
seems like its all been covered here. really like elsword so far. figured I'd give it one last bump to see if anyone knows anything else.
---