This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

my $700 build that will max out every game out without a problem in 1080p

#1MuintirPosted 8/4/2014 2:36:26 PM
I see people claiming you need to spend well over $1000 to achieve this and I always smh. I am running this exact build right now and I have maxed out EVERY game I tried without a single problem. No stuttering, no screen tearing, no slowdown, etc. This includes Wolfenstein New Order, modded skyrim, modded watchdogs, Tomb Raider, Tea online, and more. The GTX660 was recently installed and runs like a champ however prior to that I was using an ASUS HD7770 which also maxed everything out only giving me problems when I overloaded skyrim with mods and I never tried watchdogs or Wolfenstein on it. Even then there was only minor stuttering.

GTX660 build - $731 after mail in rebates
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r2KFbv

ASUS HD7770 build - $661 after mail in rebates
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jKJFbv

*Note these dont include monitors, OS, or KB/m
#2SonyHoundDawgPosted 8/4/2014 2:59:28 PM
of course you can max the game, but I dbout your sitting at 60fps all the time. Most people to max a game you need settings up high as they go and 60fps. I know that the gtx 660 cannot max all those games with setting maxed. Tomb Raider has some real awesome AA settings and theres no way a gtx 660 could use them at 60fps. You'd have to scale back to the FXAA.
#3Muintir(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 3:03:44 PM
im not a FPS counter so I never bothered to check what fps I was at. I just know every game I have tried has been maxed to the highest settings and have run smooth as silk without ever so much as having a single moment of slowdown, stutter, etc. The games ran perfect and looked absolutely gorgeous while doing so. I am just giving my experience and build for those who want to get into pc gaming while maxing everything out.
#4Garage_ManPosted 8/4/2014 3:06:36 PM
Umm I can bring a 780 down along with my 290x...it isn't hard to do...

enable vsync and magically no tearing and showdown is less noticeable. Make sure that is disabled unless you ABSOLUTELY need it...cough epsxe.

Anyways what the guy there above is how it works. 60FPS is the standard then you adjust settings until your LOWEST dips are in the 50s but you would prefer no drops at all. I used to do ultra and ignore FPS..then I experienced POWAHHH. A 660 is not power.
#5wildog2006Posted 8/4/2014 3:10:45 PM
"smooth as silk"
You must not know what silk is, or you have some really crappy silk.
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#6Muintir(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 3:13:46 PM
You guys are missing the point. Every game runs flawlessly and at max settings for well under $1000. If the game ius running smooth as silk why even bother with a fps argument? Just to save one I will find a program that shows the fps and come back with results. Either way this is still a good and relatively cheap build for those looking to make the switch to pc.
#7SonyHoundDawgPosted 8/4/2014 3:16:15 PM
Tomb Raider has a built in benchmark you can run, set up the graphics to max and run that thing, I'd like to see what you get.

And yeah its a fine build, no ones knocking it, but you definatly cant max all games at 60fps.
#8Garage_ManPosted 8/4/2014 3:23:26 PM
Okay then smooth as silk could be the PS4 maintaining 40FPS. I never noticed a single stutter on any of them games. It still isn't the same as 60FPS.

Just because you don't see it skipping doesn't mean it isn't.....
#9PhilOnDezPosted 8/4/2014 3:25:05 PM
Crysis 3 on very high with 0 AA runs right at 30 FPS on a 660. Max out the AA and it's going to be unplayable.

Sims 3 runs like ass on my OCd i5 and 670 and I don't even have it maxed.

Witcher 2 with über sampling isn't going to be playable, it'll run at 10-12 fps average, not to mention dips.

Maxed means every setting enabled and at its highest option. Not all the effects you want maxed out, AA on low and some things disabled like you posted in that other thread.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#10myztikricePosted 8/4/2014 3:28:41 PM
Muintir posted...
im not a FPS counter so I never bothered to check what fps I was at.

Muintir posted...
I am running this exact build right now and I have maxed out EVERY game I tried without a single problem.

---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.