This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

my $700 build that will max out every game out without a problem in 1080p

#31Muintir(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 5:53:59 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Muintir posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
ShadowHulk posted...
I hope the whole PC community isn't like most of you guys.

It's only this way when you're an idiot.

only idiots are the ones claiming that you can have a game on the highest settings, have it running without a single moment of slowdown or stuttering, yet not be maxed out even though you can turn the settings up any higher.

Going by your own logic since games can go beyond 60fps & fps can go higher than what anyone is actually reaching I guess nobody is maxing a game out.

What the hell are you talking about?

You guys claim you have to hit 60fps to max out a game but seeing as people have hit 120fps in games then 60fps isnt maxing a game out either.
#32HighOnPhazonPosted 8/4/2014 5:54:19 PM
Wow you're so delusional it's almost frustrating. I mean I know you're trolling hard, and I shouldn't even respond to you but I'm compelled because I have 7 minutes before I go home and I have nothing better to do but make you look more stupid. You've done a good job on your own though.

Again, you cannot claim that you maxed all settings and got a smooth framerate without actually posting your FPS on EVERY Game you're playing "maxed"

Son, you couldn't max StarCraft 2 on your machine. You cannot Max Wolfenstein, you can't Max Crysis 1, 2 or 3, you can't Max the Witcher 2. You can't even max Borderlands 2 on your machine.

Stop posting, forever.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#33HighOnPhazonPosted 8/4/2014 5:54:38 PM
Muintir posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
Muintir posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
ShadowHulk posted...

only idiots are the ones claiming that you can have a game on the highest settings, have it running without a single moment of slowdown or stuttering, yet not be maxed out even though you can turn the settings up any higher.

Going by your own logic since games can go beyond 60fps & fps can go higher than what anyone is actually reaching I guess nobody is maxing a game out.

You guys claim you have to hit 60fps to max out a game but seeing as people have hit 120fps in games then 60fps isnt maxing a game out either.

Wow just go away.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#34DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/4/2014 5:56:03 PM
>expensive board for such a budget CPU
>3x4GB ram kit on a dual channel board
>laptop drive in a desktop build

Not exactly a good budget build.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#35GoldninjaPosted 8/4/2014 6:02:11 PM(edited)
Muintir posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
Muintir posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
ShadowHulk posted...

The majority of people use 60hz monitors. 60FPS is the highest they will go. Consistent 60FPS is the generally accepted frame rate for a "silky smooth experience". Not everyone can see frame drop offs, like dips to 50. It doesn't necessarily have to "hiccup" to have frame drops. In my experience, "hiccups" generally occur when my VRAM is maxed out and the card simply can't handle the load the game throws at it.

My take on it anyway.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#36Daz_man123Posted 8/4/2014 6:13:45 PM
Muintir posted...
lmfao @ all the dc in this topic. I see I really hit a nerve for posting my experiences. I ran fraps with wolfenstein and It averaged 45-50 fps during firefights and a steady 60fps while walking around. Like I said I never cared for FPS but someone answer why they matter if the game is running maxed out without any hiccups?

With that said I didnt make this topic to argue about fps but by all means keep bumping it with the dc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr4U3DZFdM0

lol Consoles do better than you
#37ArkonBladePosted 8/4/2014 6:51:18 PM
Star Citizen will beat that thing up.
---
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#38PathlessBulletPosted 8/4/2014 7:31:57 PM
SonyHoundDawg posted...
of course you can max the game, but I dbout your sitting at 60fps all the time. Most people to max a game you need settings up high as they go and 60fps. I know that the gtx 660 cannot max all those games with setting maxed. Tomb Raider has some real awesome AA settings and theres no way a gtx 660 could use them at 60fps. You'd have to scale back to the FXAA.

Hardware Anti Aliasing is obsolete though. It's a benchmarking conspiracy to make you spend the extra dough on an enthusiast level GPU you don't really need.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#39SenkoyPosted 8/4/2014 7:45:57 PM
Get Watchdogs and crank everything to Ultra and put AA to maximum and then tell us how that goes.
---
My fight stick: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
My team combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoD7BvGUOE
#40DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/4/2014 8:45:17 PM(edited)
PathlessBullet posted...
SonyHoundDawg posted...
of course you can max the game, but I dbout your sitting at 60fps all the time. Most people to max a game you need settings up high as they go and 60fps. I know that the gtx 660 cannot max all those games with setting maxed. Tomb Raider has some real awesome AA settings and theres no way a gtx 660 could use them at 60fps. You'd have to scale back to the FXAA.

Hardware Anti Aliasing is obsolete though. It's a benchmarking conspiracy to make you spend the extra dough on an enthusiast level GPU you don't really need.

Except that, when properly supported, MSAA+TRAA still provides better IQ than any post-AA solutions, and don't come at a great performance impact.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross