This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

my $700 build that will max out every game out without a problem in 1080p

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. my $700 build that will max out every game out without a problem in 1080p

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
2 years ago#41
ITT: fully maxed at 23 FPS average!!!!!!!
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU

User Info: Treason686

Treason686
2 years ago#42
Muintir posted...
You guys are missing the point. Every game runs flawlessly and at max settings for well under $1000.

That's funny. I have a 660Ti, 8GB of RAM, and a 4770k at 4.5GHz and I can't run everything "smooth as silk." What is this magic 660 you have?
I <3 segfault

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 years ago#43
As a 660 owner, you're full of s*** - you're not "maxing out every game with no slowdowns" - it's a good card, but it's a mid-tier card. I can handle some games at max settings, but I usually have to make a few concessions for framerate. Unless you consider 25FPS or lower "no slowdowns".
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 years ago#44
Muintir posted...
You guys are missing the point. Every game runs flawlessly and at max settings for well under $1000. If the game ius running smooth as silk why even bother with a fps argument? Just to save one I will find a program that shows the fps and come back with results. Either way this is still a good and relatively cheap build for those looking to make the switch to pc.

"Smooth as silk" = 60 FPS or higher average framerate - I own a 660, you are not maxing out modern games at around 60 FPS average on the card, unless your card is some magical card imbued with the power of Odin or something.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: MorrigansAss

MorrigansAss
2 years ago#45
For me, as long as a game runs at at least 30fps, its fine for me. "Silky smooth" depends on the person.
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/mvc3/character_header_morrigan.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PEMi5Gs.jpg

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
2 years ago#46
MorrigansAss posted...
For me, as long as a game runs at at least 30fps, its fine for me. "Silky smooth" depends on the person.

Really? 30fps feels slow to me these days.

User Info: jernas

jernas
2 years ago#47
The concept of "maxing" a game as some kind of nerd dick measuring thing is absolutely retarded.

User Info: Sora_Anbu

Sora_Anbu
2 years ago#48
I think tc is infinity in disguise.
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack

User Info: Trance_Fan

Trance_Fan
2 years ago#49
780gtx is said to have a hard time maxing the witcher 3 in 1080p..good luck with your 660, especially on gta 5
i think it's nice

User Info: jernas

jernas
2 years ago#50
GTA5 is a PS3 game. If could probably run on an iPhone.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. my $700 build that will max out every game out without a problem in 1080p

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived