This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

That's it, never buying AMD again

#21Lonestar2000Posted 8/5/2014 2:41:36 AM
I went AMD once and never will again. The only advantage they have over Nvidia is price and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#22ShubPosted 8/5/2014 4:51:25 AM
Apparently artifacting with the 280/280X affects lots of people.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#23Guitar_Hero_GuyPosted 8/5/2014 4:55:30 AM
I've actually had more Nvidia cards burn out on me than Radeon cards, it's mostly luck, I think, but if you don't like how loud they are, I think Nvidia is a good switch. I've personally never had issues with my card being loud, but my friend has in the past, so to each their own.
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#24Fade2black001Posted 8/5/2014 5:09:02 AM
Guitar_Hero_Guy posted...
I've actually had more Nvidia cards burn out on me than Radeon cards, it's mostly luck, I think, but if you don't like how loud they are, I think Nvidia is a good switch. I've personally never had issues with my card being loud, but my friend has in the past, so to each their own.

Its not like there is any other switch to make..
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#25Blade_KirbyPosted 8/5/2014 6:06:45 AM
Sucks to have bad luck like that. My 290 has been running flawlessly for about 4 months and the temps are great (~70C load).
---
"Ok when Terramorphous dies we're all gonna whip our ***** out and whoever has the biggest one gets all the loot." - Gnarrkill
#26iiFroZenHeAveNzPosted 8/5/2014 6:11:55 AM
I do agree with the other posters though. Bad luck is bad luck. You must've been a mean child and karma is finally hunting you down haha just kidding.

But I also agree with you. My sister's 280x is a lot louder than my 770...
---
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 | 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 | EVGA 770 2GB SC ACX | 1TB WD Blue Caviar | CM HAF 912 |
#27somebadlemonadePosted 8/5/2014 6:18:58 AM
hmm, i'll bet all of the problems that come from amd cards are more problems with the budget ones than with the design of the cards in general

i have one of the worst possible brands of amd cards, powercolor, i've had this hd4850 for going on 4 years now, never gave me a problem that wasn't a problem with user error, it was overheating because the heatsink was caked with dust, then again i made sure not to get one with the oem heatsink
i've never really seen the temps go above 65c when the heatsink wasn't dusty as all hell, and the fan doesn't change speed sure it's the noisiest thing in my computer while idling, but not as loud as the fan on my hyper 212+
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ
#28Killah PriestPosted 8/5/2014 6:22:21 AM
290x dc2 oc here. I get artifacts in random games but I'm not blaming the card I'm blaming the games.

Other than it having a conflict with my corsair PSUs which cause coil whine when moving the mouse on the desktop its been pretty decent... had a lot of issues with wolf but turns out it was a motherboard setting.

I did pay ~250 dollars for it so it makes my opinion a bit bias considering even if it underperformed I got it for such a deal that its still better than the alternative.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#29DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/5/2014 7:56:19 PM
The Power of Radeom!
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#30wolverinerob79Posted 8/5/2014 8:11:10 PM
I've actually had good luck with my ATI cards (they're still ATI to me).

Now, CPU wise, no one should be buying AMD since 2006.