This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

That's it, never buying AMD again

#41godplaysSNESPosted 8/6/2014 3:20:08 AM
I may buy AMD if their products are highly price competetive, but their short driver support is a big turnoff.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#42MaxCHEATER64Posted 8/6/2014 3:31:12 AM
HD 7850: Fine

AX 5450 that I bought for my sister: Fine

Never had a problem with AMD.

---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#43SetzeraPosted 8/6/2014 5:07:58 AM(edited)
It could be bad luck, possibly the computer just finds a way to get hot from poor airflow, dust, or having it inside a cubby with no ventilation.

I have an HD 7870, and I only find it runs hot with certain games on Ultra settings.

Far Cry 3, and TW: Shogun 2 max settings will tend to have the fans pick up in speed, bring the temps up to around 60 Celsius.

But if it's too hot in my room that day, I lower them to medium settings and it all runs cool again. Most of my games I run on Ultra year 'round and never hear the fans kick in.

The one exception is Dead Island, I have it on the lowest possible settings, and within minutes I hear my fans going crazy. So I assume they really kicked the pooch when they designed it.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#44RequiemPosted 8/6/2014 5:28:14 AM
myztikrice posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
At this point I really don't see the point in buying AMD GPU's, as thanks to bitcoin miners, they don't occupy the same price/performance ratio they used to.

AMD has relied on the GCN architecture for far too long, which is the same thing that bit them in the ass when they were killing Intel in the Athlon vs Pentium 4 days.

Didn't prices go back to normal, like, 6 months ago or something?

Yes.

This.
Bought Nvidia because it was cheaper during the Xmas sale, but... if I were to buy a card now, it'd be AMD for the price.
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#45huyiPosted 8/6/2014 5:41:43 AM(edited)
had my amd graphics card (7750) for 2 years and it's been fine so far. i recently brought a amd laptop too and that has been ok so far too.
---
UK Female Gamer
AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD You don't have to buy it, it's optional m'kay.