This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any game to play while depressed or feeling anxiety

#31ThePonyColliePosted 8/5/2014 5:32:02 PM
You need a little humor in your games.
---
No Steam, no buy.
#32Kad-ManPosted 8/5/2014 5:34:25 PM
pothocket posted...
Whenever I'm feeling down I just start up Limbo and wash those grey feelings away.

Ultimate pun there man.
#33revolverPosted 8/5/2014 5:35:45 PM
Boge posted...
The one game that always picked me up was Nights Into Dreams. That game was just all happiness.

This!!!!
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#34tigerex777Posted 8/5/2014 5:38:00 PM
The last thing you should be doing while depressed or anxious is play more games; it will make it worse. You need to get out, get some air, meet/see people, get sunlight.. videogames will further drag you down to your death.
---
i5 4670k @ 4.2ghz / 8GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 770 SLI / Cooler Master GX 750W / Cooler Master CM 690 ADVANCE II case / Asus 24' 144hz / Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 mobo
#35thatfool12GsPosted 8/5/2014 5:44:05 PM
Not to be that guy, but damn. Some of you guys need to locate your balls and get some ass.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#36CatholicChurchPosted 8/5/2014 6:13:08 PM
thatfool12Gs posted...
Not to be that guy, but damn. Some of you guys need to locate your balls and get some ass.

dudebro alert
---
PM me to hear more about Jesus Christ and the wonderful things that can happen to you as a result..TODAY!
#37LordOfLegaciesPosted 8/5/2014 7:19:16 PM
Saint's Row, GTA, Prototype, basically anything where you can go on mass killing sprees.
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#38arleasPosted 8/5/2014 7:32:05 PM(edited)
If you're looking to relax and unwind (reduce anxiety) then you should pick a relaxing game obviously. Any game where competition is fierce and tempers are short is not going to help you in that respect.

As for curing depression, you can try playing a game, but chances are you need to get out and do something in the sunlight (I know that sounds so lame like something your mom would tell you. "You just need some fresh air honey".) If you're sure that it isn't the problem and you're determined to play a game, I'd pick something that was pure fun... again, avoid the highly competitive stuff because that's only going to make it worse if you lose.

Either that, or go find some noobs to pick on and then make yourself feel better by telling them how much they suck and that they got owned. I don't really recommend that but I've seen a lot of those people in online gaming so it must be doing something for them.

Seriously though, if you're not in the mood to play, don't force it. You can't force yourself to be happy. For me personally, I play some mindless puzzle games (like Bejeweled, Lumines, Tetris, etc) and go for that "zen state" where I'm not thinking about the moves, just doing... After a while of that I feel a bit more relaxed.

You could also spend some time in online games with friends...Something like Terraria or Minecraft or any game where you could just be social if you felt like it.

thatfool12Gs posted...
Not to be that guy

No, no... you're definitely "that guy".

At least you're self aware.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#39Wyand_VoidbringPosted 8/5/2014 7:35:23 PM
Super Mario World, Chrono Trigger, and Pikmin are my go to games.

They bring me back to simpler times and let me escape for a few hours.
#40arleasPosted 8/5/2014 7:37:22 PM
Chrono Trigger is awesome just for the music... There are some games where just hearing the soundtrack makes me happy... Chrono Trigger is one of them (Xenogears is another).
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png