This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any raid management sort of game?

#1nickizgr8Posted 8/5/2014 2:14:59 PM
So you start off with nothing much you can recruit raid members who don't have decent stats. You then send them off to do raids. Sometimes they might do good or bad depending on team composition. You might get loot which you can sort out which give boosts to stats. When you get better you can go to harder raids to get more gear and people who have better stats might join you.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#2MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/5/2014 3:22:29 PM
I've never played the game, but Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My life as a king might be something similar to that, from all the 10 minutes I watched a friend play, but it's a WII game, so you'll have to emulate, and...well, best not to talk about that on gamefaqs.

Also woo you're the person my sig is from.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#3ChromaticAngelPosted 8/5/2014 4:01:06 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
So you start off with nothing much you can recruit raid members who don't have decent stats. You then send them off to do raids. Sometimes they might do good or bad depending on team composition. You might get loot which you can sort out which give boosts to stats. When you get better you can go to harder raids to get more gear and people who have better stats might join you.

sounds like a lot of fantasy 4X games do this. try Fallen Enchantress, one of the victory conditions is to do the ultimate quest, which is basically a raid, that you have to gear up for by doing lesser raids along the way (and maybe conquering your neighbors, too).
---
RPG Spotlight: Avernum: Escape from the Pit http://store.steampowered.com/app/208400/
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/DUiaHrLW
#4DawnshadowPosted 8/5/2014 4:31:59 PM
Look into Star Trek Online. I've never played it personally, but I read somewhere that WoW's Warlords' Garrison mission system was something like crew missions in that game. (And... well, this sounds like Warlords Garrisons, but that won't be out for months and has an entire pay to play MMO attached that you have to play in order to unlock stuff for the garrison, so if that's all you want out of it...)

It's obviously not quite the setting you're looking for, but it might be that sort of gameplay?
---
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.
#5nickizgr8(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 5:56:45 PM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
I've never played the game, but Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My life as a king might be something similar to that, from all the 10 minutes I watched a friend play, but it's a WII game, so you'll have to emulate, and...well, best not to talk about that on gamefaqs.

Also woo you're the person my sig is from.

Oh cool. I never knew I was witty enough to post anything sig worthy

The games look good and some of them have something I want so I'll be sure to try them out.

The thing I'm really looking for would be something like football manager if you've ever played it. You don't really play at all you just send the Ai the play the games for you. You'll win and score goals based on how good your football players are. I think you can also give them a pep talk before and during half time too.

I guess I'm just weird like that but I really enjoy games where you send stuff off to do stuff and you wait for them to come back. I really enjoyed the Ventures they added too FF14 for example. I guess I'm just really weird about that.

I'd also love a offline game that would be something like World of Warcraft with bots. Oh god I'd play the crap out of that game if there was one.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#6Kad-ManPosted 8/5/2014 6:25:07 PM
I know there is a Indie game thats exactly that but I cant think of the name off the top my head.