This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

intel hd graphics

#1imprezasPosted 8/5/2014 4:09:54 PM
i am total noob about this what does it do?i saw some playing heavy games like battlefield 4 and a friend of mine cant play dark souls he has intel graphics 2500 i have intel hd graphics 4600 is it suposed to be good?can i combine it with my other card an amd 270x which one is better?
---
intel q9300 quad core 2.50ghz,1TB,gtx 560 TI,psu coolermaster GX750watt,6gb ram ddr2 GAMES=FUN ONLY
#2MaxCHEATER64Posted 8/5/2014 4:11:17 PM
Intel HD Graphics is the name that Intel gives its integrated graphics components.

It's like AMD's APU. If you have a graphics card you won't even be using the integrated graphics unless you really messed up.

---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#3KillerTrufflePosted 8/5/2014 4:12:59 PM
Intel HD graphics are capable of running games, and are some of the better integrated GPUs. The HD 4000 is even better than quite a few low-end dedicated GPUs. However, they're still integrated, and they're still going to crumble under pressure of the more graphically intense games. They can't run most games at high or even medium settings, and really are not designed for heavy gaming.

Bottom line is they can work, and are loads better than integrated graphics used to be, but it's still integrated graphics, and not all that powerful compared to gaming GPUs.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4imprezas(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 4:15:51 PM
why my friend cant play dark souls its not a heavy game
---
i7 4790 amd 270x 16gb ram windows 8.1
#5HighOnPhazonPosted 8/5/2014 4:17:18 PM
Dark Souls isn't a heavy game but any integrated graphics will struggle to run anything of significance.

Basically, get a dedicated GPU or plan on playing Plants vs. Zombies only.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#6Death_BornPosted 8/5/2014 4:29:36 PM
Integrated Graphics is a really tiny chip that allows your computer to run very basic graphics. To run the vast majority of 3D games you will need an actual graphics card that plugs into one or 2 of your PCI ports.
#7RequiemPosted 8/5/2014 4:57:40 PM
Having that said, newer chips are pretty powerful, relatively speaking. They're much stronger than, say, PS3 or Xbox360.
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#8chase1234lifePosted 8/5/2014 5:02:21 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
Intel HD Graphics is the name that Intel gives its integrated graphics components.

It's like AMD's APU. If you have a graphics card you won't even be using the integrated graphics unless you really messed up.

I use intergrated graphics for a second monitor (usually just running a text file or web browser, never gaming).
---
http://www.last.fm/user/chasewolf
J.O.B. Squad 4 life
#9DRAGON07891230Posted 8/5/2014 5:06:09 PM
Integrated graphics are designed for general use, web browsing, playing videos and the like, not for gaming which is a comparatively stressful task. Now, at low resolutions you can play some games, like my old laptop with the HD4000 could manage Warframe at 720p and ~25 fps.
---
_______()>===<()______........._______
[__]//P[__]======^^^^^^-------------------***** ( '_') > Uh Oh! (Unofficial Godhead of ESV boards)
#10MaxCHEATER64Posted 8/5/2014 5:10:35 PM
chase1234life posted...
MaxCHEATER64 posted...

I use intergrated graphics for a second monitor (usually just running a text file or web browser, never gaming).

You can't just use another port on your graphics card? That's what I do. HDMI on my main monitor, DVI on my second.
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003