This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

intel hd graphics

#11chase1234lifePosted 8/5/2014 7:36:21 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
chase1234life posted...
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
Intel HD Graphics is the name that Intel gives its integrated graphics components.

It's like AMD's APU. If you have a graphics card you won't even be using the integrated graphics unless you really messed up.

I use intergrated graphics for a second monitor (usually just running a text file or web browser, never gaming).

You can't just use another port on your graphics card? That's what I do. HDMI on my main monitor, DVI on my second.

Considering my second monitor is an old Dell LCD at 1280x1024 and uses a VGA adapter, and my card only supports HDMI, Display-Port, and DVI-D, no. Otherwise I would. But since I only use it for non-intensive stuff such as a browser window or text, it works fine without using much CPU overhead.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/chasewolf
J.O.B. Squad 4 life
#12PsythikPosted 8/5/2014 8:36:14 PM(edited)
chase1234life posted...
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
chase1234life posted...
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
Intel HD Graphics is the name that Intel gives its integrated graphics components.

It's like AMD's APU. If you have a graphics card you won't even be using the integrated graphics unless you really messed up.

I use intergrated graphics for a second monitor (usually just running a text file or web browser, never gaming).

You can't just use another port on your graphics card? That's what I do. HDMI on my main monitor, DVI on my second.

Considering my second monitor is an old Dell LCD at 1280x1024 and uses a VGA adapter, and my card only supports HDMI, Display-Port, and DVI-D, no. Otherwise I would. But since I only use it for non-intensive stuff such as a browser window or text, it works fine without using much CPU overhead.
All modern GPUs support VGA via DVI. I find it hard to believe your graphics card only has DVI-D.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#13chase1234lifePosted 8/5/2014 8:44:57 PM
Psythik posted...
chase1234life posted...
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
chase1234life posted...
MaxCHEATER64 posted...

All modern GPUs support VGA via DVI. I find it hard to believe your graphics card only has DVI-D.

Well it does only support DVI-D. And besides, even if it was DVI-I, I'd still have to get a convertor which costs money, where my VGA out on my MB costs nothing.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/chasewolf
J.O.B. Squad 4 life
#14thatfool12GsPosted 8/5/2014 8:50:05 PM
I am waiting to receive my RMA back from EVGA, so all I have if the integrated graphics on my 3570k.

I tried to boot Diablo III on low at 900p, that crap ran at 23FPS. No thanks, I'll stick to Mark of the Ninja.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#15wolverinerob79Posted 8/5/2014 8:50:26 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Dark Souls isn't a heavy game but any integrated graphics will struggle to run anything of significance.

Basically, get a dedicated GPU or plan on playing Plants vs. Zombies only.

This is old, dead advice and you should feel bad for perpetuating it. Haswell based GPUs are awesome and can replace discrete cards for most systems for most games. If you want higher than 1080p on the latest games, yes, you might need a $200 or less discrete card. You can play BF3, Bioshock, SC2, LoL, etc. on a 4000 series Intel GPU with no issue.

Now, the older series IGPs are a different story.
#16MaxCHEATER64Posted 8/6/2014 4:19:23 AM
chase1234life posted...

I'm actually in the same boat. Monitor only supports VGA, HDMI, and RCA, and my graphics card only had one HDMI port. I just bought a DVI -> VGA converter cable.
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#17Xtreme-VoidPosted 8/6/2014 5:49:16 AM
Intel HD Graphic is not really needed, it only good for running a new setup without GPU card already installed.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#18NsW3Posted 8/6/2014 6:38:42 AM(edited)
I got a hd 3000 in my laptop that i use when im not able to use my desktop. And i was really suprised at the power it has. I isnt the best but i can play most of the older games on low, like cod 4/ counterstrike go. All the source engine games. Even battlefield 3 with 30 fps.
---
Gamertag: Nigel West Steam ID: Nigel West Origin: PrivateNigelWest
#19halomonkey1_3_5Posted 8/6/2014 6:59:43 AM
imprezas posted...
why my friend cant play dark souls its not a heavy game

because the HD2500 is garbage

the HD4600 can play older games fine, and can play modern games on very low settings and 720p, usually. But the 2500 is complete ass and will struggle to play anything that isnt 2D above 720p.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#20Davel23Posted 8/6/2014 7:21:45 AM
What everyone seems to have missed is that OP also has a 270x. And yes, you should use that over integrated graphics in every case.
---
Your mom's box.