This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about internet connection and HDD, please help

#1tscooktPosted 8/5/2014 5:19:10 PM
So let me preface by saying that I know this isn't the right board but I posted this on the PS4 board already and got no real solutions, plus I imagine the PC board is likely to have more tech savvy people...

Ok so here's the deal, I upgraded my ps4's HDD yesterday to the 2 tb Seagate one. I followed all the steps and have my ps4 working properly in most aspects of the system. I didn't think the HDD affected my internet connection at all but ever since I changed the HDD I get randomly kicked from chat parties (even when I host them) and whenever I play online it gets very laggy. I've been playing TLoU online without a hitch until I changed the HDD and now I'm lucky to get through a match without getting kicked.

Any ideas why the HDD is affecting my internet connection or how to solve it? I have all the same network settings as before and I can still watch livestreams and see who's online, it just seems to be parties and online gameplay

Thanks in advance.
---
PSN: BostonStrong34TC
#2WerdnAndreWPosted 8/5/2014 5:27:50 PM
Maybe the hard drive is dying. You can can check the smart status if you connect it to a PC.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#3tscookt(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 5:33:26 PM
WerdnAndreW posted...
Maybe the hard drive is dying. You can can check the smart status if you connect it to a PC.

I don't know how to connect the HDD to a pc, plus I only have a laptop because I don't game on a pc. I literally just bought the hard drive new, is it actually possible that it is already dying?
---
PSN: BostonStrong34TC
#4WerdnAndreWPosted 8/5/2014 5:36:23 PM
Its possible.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q