This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do I get Error messages and purple'ed out maps in Prop Hunt Garry's Mod?

#1zerooo0Posted 8/5/2014 11:57:29 PM
Some maps work just fine, but a lot of the I get error meessages, and the whole map is just purple'ed out and all psychedelic like and I don't see any on my team moving or anyone on the enemy team. Any idea how to fix this?
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2Lemur_HPosted 8/5/2014 11:58:33 PM
You're missing content. In other words, the maps are using meshes and textures from Source games you haven't bought and/or downloaded.
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 11:59:47 PM
Lemur_H posted...
You're missing content. In other words, the maps are using meshes and textures from Source games you haven't bought and/or downloaded.

Ah any idea to figure out which ones they are?
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#4Z_hunter91Posted 8/6/2014 12:02:55 AM(edited)
Sounds like you don't have all of the assets for that map.
They should either get downloaded when you join a server, or you may need to buy one of the other Source games like HL2, CS:Source etc.
---
Pokemon Y: 1418-7097-6280 (Simon).
Flying: Spearow | Swanna | Rufflet
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 12:04:40 AM
Z_hunter91 posted...
They should either get downloaded when you join a server, or you may need to buy one of the other Source games like HL2, CS:Source etc.

Alright I figured that I should have got the Counter Strike game that it recommended, and if I get most of Valve games will that fix the issues?
---
#6Lemur_HPosted 8/6/2014 12:06:45 AM
The Half-Life 2 collection and Counter-Strike Source should cover you well enough.

Unless something has changed over the years.

But this is Valve we're talking about...
#7PsythikPosted 8/6/2014 12:44:12 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Z_hunter91 posted...

Alright I figured that I should have got the Counter Strike game that it recommended, and if I get most of Valve games will that fix the issues?
Yes. You'll want at least HL2, Portal, TF2, and L4D2 on top of CS:S in order to get the most out of Garry's Mod.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#8MrtyuPosted 8/6/2014 2:38:16 AM
I found just installing CS:Source was fine for me, after I installed it I didn't get any missing textures or error messages.