This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do I get Error messages and purple'ed out maps in Prop Hunt Garry's Mod?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do I get Error messages and purple'ed out maps in Prop Hunt Garry's Mod?

User Info: zerooo0

zerooo0
2 years ago#1
Some maps work just fine, but a lot of the I get error meessages, and the whole map is just purple'ed out and all psychedelic like and I don't see any on my team moving or anyone on the enemy team. Any idea how to fix this?
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton

User Info: Lemur_H

Lemur_H
2 years ago#2
You're missing content. In other words, the maps are using meshes and textures from Source games you haven't bought and/or downloaded.

zerooo0
2 years ago#3
Lemur_H posted...
You're missing content. In other words, the maps are using meshes and textures from Source games you haven't bought and/or downloaded.

Ah any idea to figure out which ones they are?
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton

User Info: Z_hunter91

Z_hunter91
2 years ago#4
Sounds like you don't have all of the assets for that map.
They should either get downloaded when you join a server, or you may need to buy one of the other Source games like HL2, CS:Source etc.
Pokemon Y: 1418-7097-6280 (Simon).
Flying: Spearow | Swanna | Rufflet

zerooo0
2 years ago#5
Z_hunter91 posted...
They should either get downloaded when you join a server, or you may need to buy one of the other Source games like HL2, CS:Source etc.

Alright I figured that I should have got the Counter Strike game that it recommended, and if I get most of Valve games will that fix the issues?

User Info: Lemur_H

Lemur_H
2 years ago#6
The Half-Life 2 collection and Counter-Strike Source should cover you well enough.

Unless something has changed over the years.

But this is Valve we're talking about...

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
2 years ago#7
zerooo0 posted...
Z_hunter91 posted...

Alright I figured that I should have got the Counter Strike game that it recommended, and if I get most of Valve games will that fix the issues?
Yes. You'll want at least HL2, Portal, TF2, and L4D2 on top of CS:S in order to get the most out of Garry's Mod.
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg

User Info: Mrtyu

Mrtyu
2 years ago#8
I found just installing CS:Source was fine for me, after I installed it I didn't get any missing textures or error messages.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do I get Error messages and purple'ed out maps in Prop Hunt Garry's Mod?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived