This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any way to lock my fps for every game at exactly 24?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there any way to lock my fps for every game at exactly 24?
1 year ago#1
I want my games to feel more cinematic and since movies are played at 24 frames per second (I'm a film buff, that's how I know this) I think games should be too.
1 year ago#2
Most games won't play well at 24fps. Normally 30 or more is better for games, actually the highest fps that you can get is better.
---
---
Xbox360/One + PS3/4 + Wii U + PC = Awesomeness!!!
1 year ago#3
I've been wondering this too.

If some devs tout all day about the "Cinematic Experience", why don't the games run at 24 fps?
---
lowercase
1 year ago#4
Active Messages Posted 1

hmm
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
1 year ago#5
Funny.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
1 year ago#6
You could use a recording program like fraps or dxtory and restrict your framerate. I do this to match my monitor refresh rate and make sure there isn't any coil whine.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
(message deleted)
1 year ago#8
You can get a frame rate limiter like MSI afterburner, or Radeon pro. However, make sure you type 24 in the box instead of 23 or the games will run like junk.
1 year ago#9
Nice troll attempt
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
1 year ago#10
thatfool12Gs posted...
Nice troll attempt

Like that peasant build in your sig?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there any way to lock my fps for every game at exactly 24?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived